Tonights Spomb mix

Tonights Spomb mix for the carp, silt from the margins, complete with bloodworm and snails, Rod Hutchinson KMG and Infusion  boilies whole and crushed, Vitalin, and kidney beans, along with some chilli flakes to try to deter the swans.

I did top up with some more Vitalin before Spombing it in to soak up the extra liquid.

20230623_163931.jpg

Silt from the margins? Never heard of that before but now you mention it......  I fished a barbel swim years ago where I could wade out in wellies about a quarter of the way across the river and literally cast downstream into a steep depression. After about 5 minutes of not having a bite, I would shuffle my toe into the silt and send up great plumes washing downstream. The amount of times a bite came straight after couldn't have been a co-incidence.

I've been using pellets as a feed for the last few seasons but was only thinking the day about digging out the pressure cookers cooking up some more munga!

On 25/06/2023 at 13:45, B B said:

When I was a kid I used to throw a handful of fine dirt at my homemade quill float for the Roach it would work for a short while then I’d move along the bank and repeat…. Happy days. 

On 24/06/2023 at 06:52, Golden Paws said:

Silt from the margins? Never heard of that before but now you mention it......  I fished a barbel swim years ago where I could wade out in wellies about a quarter of the way across the river and literally cast downstream into a steep depression. After about 5 minutes of not having a bite, I would shuffle my toe into the silt and send up great plumes washing downstream. The amount of times a bite came straight after couldn't have been a co-incidence.

I've been using pellets as a feed for the last few seasons but was only thinking the day about digging out the pressure cookers cooking up some more munga!

Last night Spomb mix was the silt with bloodworm and snails, a pint of maggots, a bit of molehill soil, Vitalin and boilies crushed and whole.

Reckon that works!

IMG_20230703_194005.thumb.jpg.b6c4114fca2a7e552c6e899ff76aad03.jpg

This is my latest batch of boat mix, hoping to drop it off tomorrow, just needs salt, garlic granules and a healthy dose of molasses to season now. 

I actually started baiting a spot in the weed where I had seen some fizzing last week, will be interesting to see if it's cleared at all. 

Edited by elmoputney

I would say the mix is working for me one spot was like glass primed and ready I think , the other you have to be precise to get a drop, anywhere around it is virtually floor to ceiling weed that spot got the majority today hoping to increase it slightly, but it was progressing nicely soon be ready I think, then quick scrape with the rake to improve line lay and it will be game on. 

On Friday I'll be out about 6pm, but only doing a quick overnighter until about 10am Saturday....

Gonna use the same spod mix as last time, but abit more sloppier.

IMG-20230616-WA0002.thumb.jpeg.9e14fde4af1d7303fac672e0ad6b8d80.jpeg

Gonna throw in some Manilla Active Mix powder to slop/stodge it up...

Hopefully same result as previous session, 1 on zig, 1 on deck.

On 24/06/2023 at 06:52, Golden Paws said:

If you look at the pic, the long red bits, are actually bloodworm. They came to the surface as I dropped in a dash of cooking oil.

4 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I would say the mix is working for me one spot was like glass primed and ready I think , the other you have to be precise to get a drop, anywhere around it is virtually floor to ceiling weed that spot got the majority today hoping to increase it slightly, but it was progressing nicely soon be ready I think, then quick scrape with the rake to improve line lay and it will be game on. 

I'm continually baiting the same spot where I had the big common from last week. It was baited every day while I was here, and got loaded up again when I arrived today.

The Spomb mix for today was plenty of hemp, birdfood, some red maggots, boilies and mollassed rabbit mix, along with the chilli 🌶 flakes to try to deter the swans.

Tomorrow's Rabbit mix is already soaking in the bucket with water, chilli flakes and sunflower oil.

7 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

If you look at the pic, the long red bits, are actually bloodworm. They came to the surface as I dropped in a dash of cooking oil.

I'm continually baiting the same spot where I had the big common from last week. It was baited every day while I was here, and got loaded up again when I arrived today.

The Spomb mix for today was plenty of hemp, birdfood, some red maggots, boilies and mollassed rabbit mix, along with the chilli 🌶 flakes to try to deter the swans.

Tomorrow's Rabbit mix is already soaking in the bucket with water, chilli flakes and sunflower oil.

Good luck, hopefully you are onto something now. I've been doing a big bucket a week, I doubt it last more than a couple of days though. I am going Saturday so it will get another hit when I leave hopefully, but I am tempted to leave it alone for a bit longer, I reckon all the pads will be putting people off and I might start another too. Don't want to have all my eggs in one basket this year. Especially now I've found a good cheap particle source near my home 😂