Not fished in 12yrs. Much changed?????

Steve O

Hi All,

Not fished for 12yrs.  Rods are dusted down, New Line put on reels everything good to go.   Has much changed in respect of Rigs.  Have retested what i used to make and hook spins and hooks every time on test. 

I see Nick is still Chief Mod  -  Met Nick at very 1st Social - Bury St Edmunds.             Steve

5 hours ago, Steve O said:

Hi All,

Not fished for 12yrs.  Rods are dusted down, New Line put on reels everything good to go.   Has much changed in respect of Rigs.  Have retested what i used to make and hook spins and hooks every time on test. 

I see Nick is still Chief Mod  -  Met Nick at very 1st Social - Bury St Edmunds.             Steve

Welcome Back.

Suffolk Water Park, nice venue still, just a bit expensive for me to mount a long term campaign.

What worked then will work now. I'm probably using similar rigs to what I was using 12years ago, and occasionally still catching.

Enjoy your fishing, and have fun

The banks will be busier. A lot busier! A lot of fisheries are subjected to near non stop pressure, especially in the summer months and the fish will be a lot more switched on and harder to catch. More exclusive fishing is available but expect long term waiting lists and wallet busting fees when your name does come to the top. On the flip side, there are more bigger fish then ever and even small ponds will hold fish that 12 years ago you'd have given your left ******** to catch! Just go on your own terms enjoy the times you get out and put things in perspective.