Quick Hook Change Using A Ronnie Swivel

crusian

1 hour ago, ouchthathurt said:

That makes sense, I put the spinner swivel through the eye so the opening of the spinner swivel is the side of the point, then shrink tube it in place, I’ve landed cats to 55lb on that set up and it didn’t shift 

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

I do mine the same as Tom dove, which seems to be the other way to some 😂

Thanks , Ouch . 😃

You stinker , Elmo , trust you to be different ! . 😁

On 26/03/2023 at 18:31, framey said:

When I use the spinner rig 

I have the crook of the swivel to the back of the hook just in case the silicone splits and the crook damages the mouth any more than just the hook does when in the lip

Thanks , Framey , I hadn't considered that .

😃

• 1 month later...

Been having a play with the old spinner rigs this week, I think I may have got it how I wanted it, whilst watching someone else catching whilst I should have been I did some subtle sheeping lol and checked out his rig I noted he was using fluoro hooklengths this sent me on a quest and after having a play I am now using 20lb avid outline leader for the boom section, seems soft enough to settle ok over stuff, but should be stiff enough to reset, and makes a nice straight boom when stretched a little. This also happened to coincide with the arrival of my avid D rig kickers, now as soon as I saw these I knew i had to have them I've always wanted that extra bit of seperation from the hook had a play with various others but they never made them to fit over spinner swivels without butchering them these do, size 4 wide gape seems to finish it off nicely tbh. IMG_20230504_134131_edit_220873101000150.thumb.jpg.0e01729ed636c6dc7d5a204f9569a3c9.jpg

5 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Been having a play with the old spinner rigs this week, I think I may have got it how I wanted it, whilst watching someone else catching whilst I should have been I did some subtle sheeping lol and checked out his rig I noted he was using fluoro hooklengths this sent me on a quest and after having a play I am now using 20lb avid outline leader for the boom section, seems soft enough to settle ok over stuff, but should be stiff enough to reset, and makes a nice straight boom when stretched a little. This also happened to coincide with the arrival of my avid D rig kickers, now as soon as I saw these I knew i had to have them I've always wanted that extra bit of seperation from the hook had a play with various others but they never made them to fit over spinner swivels without butchering them these do, size 4 wide gape seems to finish it off nicely tbh. IMG_20230504_134131_edit_220873101000150.thumb.jpg.0e01729ed636c6dc7d5a204f9569a3c9.jpg

I've started using the Nash Claw as my go to hook now for everything, Size 6...

But I've found that the Westlake Kickers are pretty much the best ones I've had....

So i now use the Korda Spinner Ring Swivel, Nash Claw Size 7, covered with the Westlake kickers (Snug), Bank Tackle Bait Screw & Hook Bead.

I use these for all my rigs Pop Up, Wafter & Bottom.

20230210_123304.thumb.jpg.1e88a3e9828bda62d76402b369787065.jpg

3 hours ago, Highy said:

I've started using the Nash Claw as my go to hook now for everything, Size 6...

But I've found that the Westlake Kickers are pretty much the best ones I've had....

So i now use the Korda Spinner Ring Swivel, Nash Claw Size 7, covered with the Westlake kickers (Snug), Bank Tackle Bait Screw & Hook Bead.

I use these for all my rigs Pop Up, Wafter & Bottom.

20230210_123304.thumb.jpg.1e88a3e9828bda62d76402b369787065.jpg

That looks good, I do sometimes cut the bigger ring off the swivel too, just makes it sit a bit lower and it's a little less clunky. 

10 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

That looks good, I do sometimes cut the bigger ring off the swivel too, just makes it sit a bit lower and it's a little less clunky. 

Next time I'm in my lock up, think I'll take a few picks, but yah, know what you mean 👍

10 hours ago, elmoputney said:

10 hours ago, Highy said:

Next time I'm in my lock up, think I'll take a few picks, but yah, know what you mean 👍

19 hours ago, elmoputney said:

As above.....

My go to setup...

Screenshot_20230505_094137_Gallery.thumb.jpg.e315560ee246bb28507e37ca6df65460.jpg

Screenshot_20230505_094155_Gallery.thumb.jpg.584751e1842df8d2eea7ddc4c00181b6.jpg

Today i have been mostly messing with a QC Choddy, tungsten dropper goes over the qc swivel on the leader once attached, so now I've prepped for nearly every eventuality.😳

I've also thought of a great way to use Pva nuggets threaded onto a Pva stringer for a parachute effect which should give you a nice soft landing and float to the surface once the stinger melts without risking a blob of Pva left on your hook point and couple of freebies around your hook bait, 

I give myself an A for effort today 😂

IMG_20230505_144254.thumb.jpg.79aee6c12403dfca44e4af051f10e1bd.jpg