Terminal Tackle

WillsFishingLife

Welcome to the carp side! 

I would imagine most people would have most of the top brands in  their tackle box. 

Korda/fox bits are fairly easy to use, reasonable quality & price. 

Bank tackle do good swivels and bits. 

I prefer Gardner hooks but always sharpen them for that extra sharp point. 

Hook link, I love rigmarole fluro or hydrolink. 

All the other bits are a mix of brands. 

Happy hunting fella 🤞

I love the ESP range of terminal tackle, well all the plasticky/rubber bits rig/heli booms etc , Enterprise bits for my run rings rubber beads etc .

Im going through a bit of a crisis with hooks at the moment as I’m forced to go barbless and they seem much of a muchness tbh . I’ve been using Bank Tackles recently .

The only stuff I avoid (and this is just a personal thing) is Korda and anything to do with lead clips & leaders/tubing .

Edited by newmarket

21 hours ago, WillsFishingLife said:

Hey Guys! I'm fairly new to carp fishing and I was just wondering on what brand of Terminal Tackle you guys use or if the brand don't matter to you. I've come from Coarse Fishing where I always stuck to Drennan as I could trust their products, I've heard of brands like Korda and Fox are good! Thanks in advance!

I don't have one brand of tackle I stick to, with the exception of hooks, which are nearly always Gardner Muggas or Solar 101's on my rigs.

Various manufacturers change specifications on their end tackle, so for a while Fox Buffer beads or Run Rings may be the best, then the next batch is different, so I go elsewhere, or a companies bits may suddenly get hold of, so again I go elsewhere.

Hooklink materials I bought up so much Kryston when Dave Chilton sold the company so I didn't have to change immediately. I'm still using Merlin, Mantis, Snakeskin and Snakebite. 

To be honest, there are few ESP or Gardner items that are bad, I can't recall any I've used and disliked, although I rarely use ESP for personal reasons.

The honest answer is that there is no one brand that produces everything that is required or is the best, so it's best not to get into the 'Korda only' type mindset.