Best Pva mixes

Hey there guys so I’m new to using Pva mesh so I’ve been using my mind into making some bait mixes for Pva sticks and came up with one where I use blended bread then some krill  pellets  with manvilla active powder and ground up krill active boilies and then all put in a tub when mixed and soaked in white almond Korda goo I’m wondering if anyones ever done this mix and had good results or if they can suggest better ones 

1 hour ago, JordanNW said:

Hey there guys so I’m new to using Pva mesh so I’ve been using my mind into making some bait mixes for Pva sticks and came up with one where I use blended bread then some krill  pellets  with manvilla active powder and ground up krill active boilies and then all put in a tub when mixed and soaked in white almond Korda goo I’m wondering if anyones ever done this mix and had good results or if they can suggest better ones 

Sounds pretty good to me, don't see why it wouldn't be any good in the right place 👍

My PVA bag mix always has some crushed elips pellets that I put through a grinder. The smell is amazingly "fishy". Also add a bit of fishmeal ground bait, explosive hemp and some panko breadcrumb to make it swell up and burst out. You can put almost anything in, even hemp and sweetcorn if you drain it and add a bit of salt. I also like to inject the bag with a liquid flavour immediately prior to casting out.

John Baker's spectrum milk and cream in fact any of his liquid additives are the best stick mix liquids you can get, that milk and cream smells like whipped ice cream, why his gear is not more popular is a mystery the quality is always ahead of the game, i did ask him if he would consider using a rolling company to sell rolled baits, says he would not be able to guarantee the same quality bait with a third party rolling his bait sounds like he is working to real tight profit margins. 

https://www.johnbakerbaits.com/additives-other-products/

You can put anything in it you want and if you put it in the right place when they want to feed then it'll catch. Carp are dumb. Don't include anything in a bait if the only justification you can come up with is the smell of it. Experiment a bit. Anything. Mud with chopped up worms out the garden with a bit of rapeseed oil out the cupboard? Why not? Tinned tuna and some breadcrumbs? There's some good baits based on tuna and Robin Red - which is a very popular basemix ingredient - was full of breadcrumb. Chuck some paprika in it for the authentic Robin Red experience. Why not try putting in some scrambled egg? Everyone loves a scrambled egg! I've caught fish on a chunk of the white of a hardboiled egg when I was a teenager because I forgot my bait and had to use my lunch instead! They quite like floating bread with a bit of mustard on it as well!

I've put some paprika in my PVA mix before now but during the "licking and sticking" process, it always sets my tongue on fire!

Tuna is a great additive and I normally use a tin in my groundbait mix used for plugging my spod.

They also like bread with jam on it as I got caught out one day when it was sunny and hot and had to press my sandwiches into play for floaters!

9 hours ago, Jone5y said:

You can put anything in it you want and if you put it in the right place when they want to feed then it'll catch. Carp are dumb. Don't include anything in a bait if the only justification you can come up with is the smell of it. Experiment a bit. Anything. Mud with chopped up worms out the garden with a bit of rapeseed oil out the cupboard? Why not? Tinned tuna and some breadcrumbs? There's some good baits based on tuna and Robin Red - which is a very popular basemix ingredient - was full of breadcrumb. Chuck some paprika in it for the authentic Robin Red experience. Why not try putting in some scrambled egg? Everyone loves a scrambled egg! I've caught fish on a chunk of the white of a hardboiled egg when I was a teenager because I forgot my bait and had to use my lunch instead! They quite like floating bread with a bit of mustard on it as well!

Molehill soil is a good addition 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/03/2022 at 21:33, JordanNW said:

This is my simple PVA bag or mesh mix, ground up Vitalin, boilies and a dash of white bread crumb.

I might add a handful of molehill soil when I get to the lake.

20220409_113346.jpg