Lamping carp...really

Carpbell_ll

won't link the video but i really hope it's a sales gimmick that don't catch on, mooching around a busy day ticket water lamping isn't going to go down well with the other anglers, then there's the 100 note headtorch, if i was going to splash out on a head torch it wouldn't be a tackle brand, unless it was made by one of the known head torch makers on behalf of the tackle brand selling it. either way i think a water wide pre-ban on"lamping carp" is in order. 

It's also the whole lamping bit, it is not lamping. I don't even think that is legal these days groups like PETA will take anything they can get and run with it. As is known i do talk to sab groups online, well until they blocked me lol, even they know they have gone as far as they can with fox hunting and need other avenues to keep the funds rolling in, they were lashing out at people with no interest shown for fox welfare, all over xmas bank holidays lost a bit of support, that and their expert on fox hunting didn't like it when i told them it's not a fox hunt they are planning to sab if the riders are wearing tweed, they didn't get it nor did the fox on that day. just shows they have a very limited knowledge, i also pointed out they could be held liable for third party claims due to them being backed by commercial businesses such as lush, due to lush encouraging the employees to protest on behalf of whoever is popular.  

On 10/03/2022 at 13:10, Carpbell_ll said:

won't link the video but i really hope it's a sales gimmick that don't catch on, mooching around a busy day ticket water lamping isn't going to go down well with the other anglers, then there's the 100 note headtorch, if i was going to splash out on a head torch it wouldn't be a tackle brand, unless it was made by one of the known head torch makers on behalf of the tackle brand selling it. either way i think a water wide pre-ban on"lamping carp" is in order. 

Alfie Russell or Alan Blair?

Kttfo

The lamping of fish was actually banned in many places.

I hate lights on the water at night, I even try not to shine my headlight out of the bivvy.

1 hour ago, kevtaylor said:

Shining the brightest light you can get into the water to look for fish at night.   Which brings about our other understanding of the word.👍

Ta Kev .

sounds like a good way to scare off a fish .

15 minutes ago, newmarket said:

Ta Kev .

sounds like a good way to scare off a fish .

Sure does - the promo video kind of shows them not really scared off  but then it would.  They do say dont do this anywhere you might upset other anglers in fairness.

But we know some idoit will do just that - the lampings will have different meanings lol

don't know why the tackle companies do this kind of pricing for torches and similar, they could match the budget prices of go out doors type lights and sell outside the angling market, they seem to be avoiding general sales by pricing themselves out the market. it's the same for power packs and clothing, you would be hard pressed to find a willing customer outside of carp angling.