Nash bushwhacker pole ?

I've still got some money from recent sellings, and I quite fancy a bushwhacker pole? I think I could do quite well using it on my lakes I could really see the benefit of being able to get onto those hard to reach areas currently only available to the bait boats  but........ 

Can anyone tell me if I should or shouldn't buy one? All reviews I read and see seem positive tbh, I understand I would need extra sections but that is where the Bush whacker comes into its own for me you can go pretty long, I can see a world of opportunity and a lot less disturbance, Infact in my head I am taking the place apart already 😂😂

Help? 

If on the water you fish there are spots that the carp like to feed on that cannot be reached by casting then go for it mate.

If there are no such spots then for me it's just another thing to spend money on, and carry around with you.

I'd buy one in a second if I thought it would catch me more fish but I cannot recall wishing I had one on any water I've fished in the last few years.

20 minutes ago, framey said:

I have an angling intelligence pole with extensions that I keep in the van all the time 

had it years 

used it a couple of times but if I need it I can walk back to the van and get it.

they do get a bit unwieldy at longer ranges 

So you aren't classing it as an essential item then really, maybe I'll resist for now and see if I end up absolutely needing one 😁

I think that is one of the reasons they use the double float on the Nash one to stop it tipping up before it gets to the target but I could see it being tricky to get used to it does look bendy 

Definitely not essential but it’s a nice thing to have in the armoury when required

tipping up is not a  problem that I have come across with mine it will actually sit there until I turn it over

Makes me wonder if the nash boys use it so much as the short sawn offs they use can’t cast the 40 odd yards lol

I have to admit, I do like the idea of a bushwhacker pole, I can see where it would have provided an edge on several waters I fish/fished, but the price puts me off a bit. Usually when I’ve needed something like that, I’ve either used the “2 rod trick” or i bodged a similar arrangement using an old baiting spoon and poles from an old tent! I suppose if you can justify its use and can visualise scenarios where it will prove to be an edge then why not? It could help put a few more fish on the bank and it’s probably a lot less fiddly then gaffa taping old tent poles together! 

I’ve considered purchasing one but I think Yonny’s summation just about covers it. The question I’d ask myself is, what would catch me more fish, a £200 baiting pole or £200 more of the best bait I could buy? Now, I know that the pole could last me years (or not in my case ‘coz I’m clumsy) but it helps focus me one what’s really important.

1 hour ago, framey said:

Definitely not essential but it’s a nice thing to have in the armoury when required

tipping up is not a  problem that I have come across with mine it will actually sit there until I turn it over

Makes me wonder if the nash boys use it so much as the short sawn offs they use can’t cast the 40 odd yards lol

I did see one on fb can't remember who made it but it has a load of Johnson Ross extensions and he said it went to 46m, I didnt realise those extensions could be attached to each other I thought they were more like a put over pole, interesting to 

The saber one is a little interesting 18m for £143 quid and angling direct has 1.7m extensions at 14.99 but can't find out if you can keep extending them 😳

2 hours ago, Pete Springate's Guns said:

I’ve considered purchasing one but I think Yonny’s summation just about covers it. The question I’d ask myself is, what would catch me more fish, a £200 baiting pole or £200 more of the best bait I could buy? Now, I know that the pole could last me years (or not in my case ‘coz I’m clumsy) but it helps focus me one what’s really important.

Ha I am also quite clumsy, I think you may be right, Maybe more bait would be a better call 😂

From what i have seen of some of these poles {dont know the makes} they are quite bendy and fiddly to get in the right position at range.

I have a  Maver 16M competition pole ,and if needed i could use this as its straight as an arrow when shipping out with the cupping kit , so this type of pole may be an option bought second hand 

3 hours ago, Pete Springate's Guns said:

I decided to take your advice and leave the pole, 12kg of Retrobaits Shropshire Gold ordered (already got some and don't want to overload the freezer) along with a kilo of matching stick mix some liquid and some of these wafters couldn't resist they look smart  😍 I will be ready once we get the green light 😂

Screenshot_20210215_212137_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.3c9aff3e08768ec1b194a56f400cedc8.jpg