Aller aqua Pellets?

elmoputney

6 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I liked the look of the best ones too, and with a name like that got to be a winner 😁

Yes, very tempted to stock up myself. Wonder what the shelf life/use by date is?

Got caught out with this on a sack of Halibuts years ago. Was using them to pre-bait a swim and half of them floated! Turns out they were past their use by date-I assume the high oil content had led to oxidisation?

20 minutes ago, Pete Springate's Guns said:

Yes, very tempted to stock up myself. Wonder what the shelf life/use by date is?

Got caught out with this on a sack of Halibuts years ago. Was using them to pre-bait a swim and half of them floated! Turns out they were past their use by date-I assume the high oil content had led to oxidisation?

I think it's probably worth waiting until we are allowed out again, also I should think once the weather warms up these will sell quicker giving you a longer life hopefully might be worth asking though? , I only found that out the other day lol I was reading something and I found out Pellets had a shelf life, I didn't even realise I've still got half a binful of carp Pellets they might be floaters by now  😂

7 hours ago, elmoputney said:

New batches in April, that will have a 10-12 month shelf life on them if that helps 👍

If I need some before though I think I can use them before September(subject to an ease in restrictions by the bafoon in the chair) 😢

Nice one👍I’ll wait; won’t be using them before April. I’ve got enough low-oil pellets to tide me over till then.

15 minutes ago, Pete Springate's Guns said:

Nice one👍I’ll wait; won’t be using them before April. I’ve got enough low-oil pellets to tide me over till then.

I think I might also wait unless things change, I don't think there is going to be much going on before April

I just went over the bridge at St Ives looks very flooded at the moment, 

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

I think I might also wait unless things change, I don't think there is going to be much going on before April

I just went over the bridge at St Ives looks very flooded at the moment, 

I’m hoping to have a farewell session on St Ives before my ticket finishes at the end of March (subject to restrictions being lifted). I’ve thoroughly enjoyed it on Shallow and would have definitely renewed if I hadn’t got my Dinton ticket.

30 minutes ago, Pete Springate's Guns said:

I’m hoping to have a farewell session on St Ives before my ticket finishes at the end of March (subject to restrictions being lifted). I’ve thoroughly enjoyed it on Shallow and would have definitely renewed if I hadn’t got my Dinton ticket.

It is a nice place, I saw a pic of the Ivo lin on Instagram the other day, I wouldn't mind having another go for that, but I also quite fancy some of the other lakes now also, I could see me trying again one day, 

37 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

It is a nice place, I saw a pic of the Ivo lin on Instagram the other day, I wouldn't mind having another go for that, but I also quite fancy some of the other lakes now also, I could see me trying again one day, 

If it was on my doorstep, I’d be all over it. Can’t beat keeping in touch and walking the banks regularly.

On 04/02/2021 at 17:55, elmoputney said:

I think it's probably worth waiting until we are allowed out again, also I should think once the weather warms up these will sell quicker giving you a longer life hopefully might be worth asking though? , I only found that out the other day lol I was reading something and I found out Pellets had a shelf life, I didn't even realise I've still got half a binful of carp Pellets they might be floaters by now  😂

Hi Elmo 

If they do float why not use them for a spot of floater fishing ? .

Chuck a mixed handful in , some sink , some waft , some rise up to the surface where your ( Elmos' ) artfully presented surface bait is waiting to be gulped down .

😁

On 04/02/2021 at 17:55, elmoputney said:

They don't usually float when they go off, the oil goes rancid and becomes inedible and I think toxic. 

Frank and probably Greekski know more than me on that. 

7 hours ago, crusian said:

Hi Elmo 

If they do float why not use them for a spot of floater fishing ? .

Chuck a mixed handful in , some sink , some waft , some rise up to the surface where your ( Elmos' ) artfully presented surface bait is waiting to be gulped down .

😁

A very worthwhile tactic anyway, some smaller sized pellets in a batch often do float until they have taken on water and break the water surface tension. 

I use the method on Bromeswell regularly to get fish right into the margins, then fish a free lined bait on the surface hanging off the rod tip. It is where a nice brown trimmed pop-up really scores... 

• 3 months later...

I've just bought 25kg of bream resistant Aller aqua pellets, 17mm AP halibut 49% protien 22%oil they look pretty great to me 

It says they can stay whole for 48 hours, nuisance resistant size, I had a eureka moment and spent probably 20 quid more than I planned too on pellets 😁 but I thought the carp are more likely to get to eat them so it was worth it 🤔

9 minutes ago, yonny said:

No such thing Elmo 😅

They will slow them down a bit 😁,

its more the rudd I have issues with tbh, last time I dropped a airbomb of bait in the margins of crushed bits and they mullered it in minutes, even picking up bits they couldn't get in there mouths they would just swim about with them, they won't move these so easily 😁

Shipping seems good from bulk feed supplies parcelforce24 should be arriving tomorrow and free 👍

A company that delivers bait promptly and free is a good company in my eyes 👍

Blakes, retro, and hopefully now these can be relied on for a good free service 👍

Monster particles let me down I don't forget 🙄