New Booster Flavoring Possible.

Minelab

Like many Carp anglers, I too like to apply a booster spray or liquid drops to my Hook Baits, Pop ups are my chosen. Good weather here has been running out and I wanted to take advantage of it. Didn't realize I was out of my key booster  for my cold water Pop ups. So being a Vapor for many years sitting at my desk, right in front of me sit Flavor Concentrates of many flavors. I have 15ml bottles that are clear and potent. They cost me around $2.50 to $3.00 each.

I add about three drops to a 60ml bottle of E-Juice to Boost the flavor. My chosen pop up for the day was Nash Instant Action Strawberry Crush - 12mm, I have good success with this one and Sticky Manilla when the water gets cold. But there are so many other great cold water Hook Baits out there. So I grabbed my bottle of Strawberry Flavor Concentrate and applied two drops to the pop up and was immediately impressed by the smell. It wasn't overpowering or fake smelling either. It was just right in my mind of course. So off I went to my chosen River spot. I landed two beauty's in a 4 hour session. Missed a couple as well. They were not violent takes but subtle ones and very finicky as well. The fist one was on the Strawberry Crush with the Strawberry Flavor Concentrate added by two drops. The second one was also on the Strawberry Crush with Strawberry's and Cream Flavor Concentrate added by two drops. I was thrilled and truly do not know the potential of these E-Juice Flavor Concentrates. Do they really work, or was it a coincidence. All I can say is with every imaginable flavors available, I will be doing more testing to find out. But based on the first go around, its has promise and the cost factor is even better.

a lot of glugs use vegetable glycerine, I'm not sure but I guess the flavours are probably made with a similar base, there are probably some great flavours you could add from the vaping world 

Framey is it such a bad idea to get them hooked on nicotine you could have them queuing up for a fix 😂

(just incase I am joking nicotine is toxic) 

That is Funny stuff elmoputney. I read up on the indigents and found this.

Capella Flavors Concentrates are dewy drops of dreaminess that can be used in the creation of DIY e-liquids. These e cig flavors are so versatile that they can even be used to enhance the tastes of your favorite foods and desserts or as tantalizing additions to designer coffees and teas. The beauty of Capella concentrates is that they can be easily adjusted to the precise strength levels that you choose.

Naturally and Artificially Flavored. Propylene Glycol based.
Diacetyl Free - Acetoin Free - Acetyl Propionyl Free . Maybe the carp will want to start vaping.

11 minutes ago, Minelab said:

That is Funny stuff elmoputney. I read up on the indigents and found this.

Capella Flavors Concentrates are dewy drops of dreaminess that can be used in the creation of DIY e-liquids. These e cig flavors are so versatile that they can even be used to enhance the tastes of your favorite foods and desserts or as tantalizing additions to designer coffees and teas. The beauty of Capella concentrates is that they can be easily adjusted to the precise strength levels that you choose.

Naturally and Artificially Flavored. Propylene Glycol based.
Diacetyl Free - Acetoin Free - Acetyl Propionyl Free . Maybe the carp will want to start vaping.

I've made some vaping liquids before from scratch using flavours such as capella, I made a cracking peanut butter and custard one once, there could definitely be something in it 

That's pretty cool, I have not tried to make any from scratch as you have, but someday I would like to try. I got a order of Booster liquids and sprays on the way and some new pop ups to try. It's in the 30's here in the morning but warming up to low 50's, this gives me about a 4 hour window to fish that I'm comfortable in. It's only a 3 minute drive to the gate to get to my river spot. I'm thankful I have a key and the only one who has permission to fish there.

15 minutes ago, Minelab said:

That's pretty cool, I have not tried to make any from scratch as you have, but someday I would like to try. I got a order of Booster liquids and sprays on the way and some new pop ups to try. It's in the 30's here in the morning but warming up to low 50's, this gives me about a 4 hour window to fish that I'm comfortable in. It's only a 3 minute drive to the gate to get to my river spot. I'm thankful I have a key and the only one who has permission to fish there.

It isn't that hard to do tbh, was just flavour, vg, pg, nicotine quite simple tbh then just steep it for a month and vape, there are loads of recipes online 

Sounds nice enjoy your fishing 👍

Good to know this, Now I will indeed continue to experiment a little, I have quit a few flavors and some sweeteners and cream always on my desk.

I have some Boosters that could use a boost, just match up the flavors or add one or two. What I liked was only having to add just two drops to

enhance the flavor in the cold water. I will always use my good glugs, but nice to know I can also use what I have to spice things up a little.

22 hours ago, Minelab said:

I have found getting a good tobacco flavor is difficult. I will try Vampire, I just might try a little tobacco flavor to find out, you just never no, maybe some RY4, sweat, carmel with a smooth tobacco.

Tabaco flavour seems to be very tricky to get right most are awful.

So true, I just ordered two different Tabasco from two different Vendors, hoping at least one will be decent. Now what I have done to help the issue is buy different Tabasco flavorings, some good results and some not so good, but I have been able to at least get the  taste closer to Tabaco then what it was. Enjoy your day.