BC BS

framey

If you know you know 

who’s worse 

the sheep trying to save the common or those sheep knocking them?
since lockdown it’s all so negative....

you can’t even have a joke on there anymore 

I must try harder or stay away until some sort of normality returns lol

25 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Well I am Intrigued, haven't got a clue what your on about 😲

The owners of the fishing at Burghfield are crowdfunding for an otter fence. Basically asking people that will never have a chance of fishing it to pay to they can fish it forevermore. 

Prizes on offer are session on blue & gold pools and a walk around the big lake with a 'celebrity' angler.

6 minutes ago, greekskii said:

The owners of the fishing at Burghfield are crowdfunding for an otter fence. Basically asking people that will never have a chance of fishing it to pay to they can fish it forevermore. 

Prizes on offer are session on blue & gold pools and a walk around the big lake with a 'celebrity' angler.

That makes more sense, I take it the fence will cost a lot, I also think it's probably unreasonable to pass this onto members, personally I don't see why they shouldn't try and raise money for it, it does seem cheeky, but if it helps let em Get on with it I guess, doesn't really affect me but maybe it might lead to more clubs and lakes doing similar in order to raise funds, so could help you indirectly in the future 

9 hours ago, elmoputney said:

That makes more sense, I take it the fence will cost a lot, I also think it's probably unreasonable to pass this onto members, personally I don't see why they shouldn't try and raise money for it, it does seem cheeky, but if it helps let em Get on with it I guess, doesn't really affect me but maybe it might lead to more clubs and lakes doing similar in order to raise funds, so could help you indirectly in the future 

Personally don't agree, it's like me asking you to fund an extension to my house, that I'll never let you step foot in . I believe they are using the fact the BC is so well known and admired that people don't want to see it go prematurely by way of otter, because if it did how many of the ticket holders would drop them. No planning permissions, landowner consents, etc yet by the sounds of it, and I cant see any indication as to what the owners & members are investing and what proportion needs funding. Maybe I overlooked it but doesn't seem to be there. TBH it seems to have all but disappeared after the general consensus of "you cheeky gits, not a chance"

9 hours ago, yonny said:

I don't think that's right. It's the members that are doing it as I understand the situation.

Fair one, owners still stand to gain the most from it though regardless of who's asking.

9 hours ago, greekskii said:

Personally don't agree, it's like me asking you to fund an extension to my house, that I'll never let you step foot in . I believe they are using the fact the BC is so well known and admired that people don't want to see it go prematurely by way of otter, because if it did how many of the ticket holders would drop them. No planning permissions, landowner consents, etc yet by the sounds of it, and I cant see any indication as to what the owners & members are investing and what proportion needs funding. Maybe I overlooked it but doesn't seem to be there. TBH it seems to have all but disappeared after the general consensus of "you cheeky gits not a chance"

Fair one, owners still stand to gain the most from it though regardless of who's asking.

I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for donations to help do the fence , if it helps the syndicate fair enough, I would support it if it was my syndicate or one I wanted to join or had been a member of, if you disagree with it just don't donate to that cause surely, , it's not really my place to comment what's right and wrong for burghfield, I don't know all the details but personally it doesn't offend me them starting a crowd funder for this 

2 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I would support it if it was my syndicate or one I wanted to join or had been a member of,

the issue with Burghfield is that it is somewhere the 1% have a chance of getting on, not the 99%. Mad really, asking people to pay for something they'll never be allowed to have access too.

It's the general premise, like I said there is no indication if they are asking for crowd funding for the entire lot, with members and owners not inputting anything or much at all, or if it's for the remainder of the costs...however it seems like it's the former sadly. 

Doesn't offend me either, just think its ridiculous, as do plenty of others. 

Imo the very least they should be offering in return for Joe Bloggs paying for their fence is a session on the dead-mans-shoes main lake.

The Gold/Blue lakes are open to anyone on a day ticket so hardly the worlds biggest incentive to pay a premium to fence a lake you'll never be able to fish.

21 minutes ago, yonny said:

Imo the very least they should be offering in return for Joe Bloggs paying for their fence is a session on the dead-mans-shoes main lake.

The Gold/Blue lakes are open to anyone on a day ticket so hardly the worlds biggest incentive to pay a premium to fence a lake you'll never be able to fish.

It doesn't say anything about this on the just giving page? 

47 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Screenshot_20200720_121722_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.d188ea5fc3431f3fae5b31cb5f8ac916.jpg

Is it this one? I just found it on just giving, no details about anything on it, my main concern would be is it a scam? 

Funnily enough there is two of them, one created by Greg Ellis and one created by Burghfield Main Lake. Both with very little information, both asking for different amounts. Like I said, playing on the heritage of the place to get a few quid out of people who will never even be considered to have their name on the waiting list, let alone fish it.

I probably would donate a quid or two if it had been clearly written who they were and why they need to achieve this, and would have probably respected it more if they had gone into details of why they needed 100 grand, like costings, how much the club was putting in if anything and why they couldn't if not, it just looks like my youngest has written it and tbh she may have done a better job 👍