Throwing stick.

I need a better throwing stick I've got a gardner scorpion at the moment and I was struggling to throw 80 yards last night and this morning, it wasn't weather conditions or anything like that I just couldn't get the distance. Any recommendations with out breaking the bank, I don't want to go down the carbon fibre route I just don't have the funds for that. 

Cheers in advance. 😁👍🎣

5 minutes ago, framey said:

Or the Harrison stick 

£30 and it’s carbon so won’t break the bank 

Are they still available?

Certainly a bargain but for me they're not long enough (you really need close to or more than a metre long for proper distance imo). A curved stick also helps, to get that top spin.

There is a gap in the market imo. If someone bought a proper distance carbon stick out (more that a metre long with a nice curve) they'd clean up. There is currently no real alternative to the ACA for proper distance. I cracked mine slightly (stood on it (doh)) and am currently using it taped up as there is nothing that can match the distance.

Shows how different we all are 

I can put a bait a long way out with a straight stick but a curved one it goes in at my feet or not far at all lol

even modifying the way I use it I can’t get a bait further than 20 or 30 yards lol

Johnson Ross still have it listed but not in stock 

16 minutes ago, yonny said:

Certainly a bargain but for me they're not long enough (you really need close to or more than a metre long for proper distance imo). A curved stick also helps, to get that top spin

I think that is the problem with the scorpion stick I have at the moment it is too short. I'll have a look at your recommendation's cheers. 👍

10 minutes ago, finchey said:

I think that is the problem with the scorpion stick

It is mate. Great stick, but not the one for distance. The Pro-Pela is the one for distance (but it is carbon and about 60/70 quid😬).

Nash do a distance one in plastic for about 15 quid. I've not used it or even seen it but might be worth checking out if you're on a budget.

6 minutes ago, yonny said:

I used its predecessor (the distance Cobra Quick Stick) and the main shaft broke off at the handle in the first season lol. Typical Nash. But the new one looks like it's one piece so should stand up to a bit more abuse.

Is it this one yonny?👍20200706_093459.thumb.jpg.baafebd87b65b2754722c0dc5b70107f.jpg

13 hours ago, finchey said:

I think that is the problem with the scorpion stick I have at the moment it is too short. I'll have a look at your recommendation's cheers. 👍

I would have said the Gardner Sticks as the best manufactured, but if they are not long enough, then how annoying.

12 hours ago, yonny said:

I used its predecessor (the distance Cobra Quick Stick) and the main shaft broke off at the handle in the first season lol. Typical Nash. But the new one looks like it's one piece so should stand up to a bit more abuse.

12 hours ago, finchey said:

I'll have a look at the nash one, it's more in my price range. I am a tight northerner you know. 😂🤣

12 hours ago, yonny said:

It is mate. Great stick, but not the one for distance. The Pro-Pela is the one for distance (but it is carbon and about 60/70 quid😬).

Nash do a distance one in plastic for about 15 quid. I've not used it or even seen it but might be worth checking out if you're on a budget.

I use the original Cobra Ace I think it is, a properly curved plastic stick, by estimate I would say it is over a metre long. I can stick 20mm baits well over 100metres, although occasional mixes I do have to wet the stick as it will split them, even shelf lifes. I prefer frozen baits that are just thawed on the outside, but still hard in the middle.

I was saddened when Cobra went under and Nash bought out the name as I simply don't like the Nash Cobra sticks, the quality and feel is totally different, and yuck!

10 hours ago, Big Bass said:

I use a JRC Skyliner carbon stick very light comes in a neoprene sleeve. Cost me £30 it’s a joy to use had it a year. 

You need to check these carefully before buying as the finish on the inside of the one I had was shocking. There were lumps of resin/adhesive in the bore which ruined performance at distance. Very poor quality.

Well I did a bit of searching on this forum and another one that I go on and was reading about the more budget carbon throwing sticks and ngt came up quite a lot. So I went on google didn’t find a lot of reviews but I couldn’t find a bad one. So I completely ignored what yonny told me and bought a ngt, sorry yonny 😀 But if it breaks first time out it’s my own fault mate. 🙂👍

50 minutes ago, finchey said:

Well I did a bit of searching on this forum and another one that I go on and was reading about the more budget carbon throwing sticks and ngt came up quite a lot. So I went on google didn’t find a lot of reviews but I couldn’t find a bad one. So I completely ignored what yonny told me and bought a ngt, sorry yonny 😀 But if it breaks first time out it’s my own fault mate. 🙂👍

Leon bartropp did a review on those, he seemed to like it 👍 

3 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Leon said it was 95cm 👍I couldn't find any other measurements on it though 

4 hours ago, yonny said:

@finchey, you will defo get more distance as its lighter so quicker on the throw, I just hope it's long enough buddy.

Elmo found the size, that is definitely longer than my Gardner scorpion one I use at the moment and from what I have seen on YouTube they are better for the distance I’m after.