Landing Nets

I bought a new net recently, I've got a Sonik S1, It's a bit of a heavy weight one in comparison 998g 😬 

But I thought it was light compared to my old one, that must've really  been on the pies 😁

Although actually looking the pack weight is 998g too so may be lighter it came in a big old box 🤔

Edited by elmoputney

• 1 month later...
On 27 March 2020 at 11:17, Big Bass said:

I often wonder why fisheries insist we use 42 landing nets.... dont telll anyone but I use a 36  🤐

My landing net for years was a 36, then that got 'promoted' to stalking until eventually the spreader block broke.

It got replaced by a 42 Gardner net, that was heavy. Stuck with 42 ever since, although I do have a specimen pan net for smaller fish and bream.

Since then I had a Nash Outlaw 42 until that broke, although now using a Fox Warrior, but I have replaced the mesh a couple of times

I still have an old school north western net 36” arms probably get good money for it on the old school pages lol

i just use a cheap korum 2 piece in normal circumstances as it’s only a net and sits on the ground 99.9% of the time or shoved in bushes

sod buying expensive ones anymore

Edited by framey

14 minutes ago, framey said:

I still have an old school north western net 36” arms probably get good money for it on the old school pages lol

i just use a cheap korum 2 piece in normal circumstances as it’s only a net and sits on the ground 99.9% of the time or shoved in bushes

sod buying expensive ones anymore

I don't understand why you would spend loads of money on a net tbh, it's never made sense to me that one, I spent 30 odd quid on a Sonik one and thought I was being Flash 😁