Hello. Been lurking on here for some time and thought it was time to sign up.ย 

Been angling for around 36 years and fish for a lot of different species. Former match angler, who fishes feeder for big bream, pole for F1s, lure for big perch, fly for trout, heavy tip on river for barbel and of course carp.

For carp I normally fish round the North West - which is a bit of a barren waste land as I don't fish day tickets - although I am a member of PAAS and a small syndicate.

Cheers

Damo

7 hours ago, Damo_UK said:

Hello. Been lurking on here for some time and thought it was time to sign up.ย 

Been angling for around 36 years and fish for a lot of different species. Former match angler, who fishes feeder for big bream, pole for F1s, lure for big perch, fly for trout, heavy tip on river for barbel and of course carp.

For carp I normally fish round the North West - which is a bit of a barren waste land as I don't fish day tickets - although I am a member of PAAS and a small syndicate.

Cheers

Damo

Hi Damo, Welcome, I'm also North West area.

7 minutes ago, Damo_UK said:

Cheers chaps - always good to meet another northern carper Highy! I fish a few waters up near your neck of the woods!

I mainly fish Fan Lodge, Figure 8, Springview.

Do travel to Mere Lane, Drummersdale, basically anywhere I can get a full day at least.

4 minutes ago, crusian said:

Hello Highy .

Isย  your lad still allowed to play football ? .

๐Ÿ˜€

No mate...all matches canceled until further notice, only Training still on.

Perfect though for fishing, but wife started back her hobby today, Morris dancing, so it's still Saturdays until footie Season ends.

2 minutes ago, Highy said:

No mate...all matches canceled until further notice, only Training still on.

Perfect though for fishing, but wife started back her hobby today, Morris dancing, so it's still Saturdays until footie Season ends.

Well at least your lad gets to kick a ball .

Hopefully the Morris Dancing won't get cancelled , I guess all the dancers will have to use 6ft+ sticks ? .

๐Ÿ˜ƒ

54 minutes ago, Highy said:

I mainly fish Fan Lodge, Figure 8, Springview.

Do travel to Mere Lane, Drummersdale, basically anywhere I can get a full day at least.

Not fished any of those - are they day ticket? Haven't fished a day ticket in a while but always up for it if it's a decent water.

I fish a couple of waters not too far from Wigan on the PAAS ticket (Ulness Walton and Withnell Bottom Lodge) and a couple of stretches of the Ribble at Preston.

14 minutes ago, Damo_UK said:

Not fished any of those - are they day ticket? Haven't fished a day ticket in a while but always up for it if it's a decent water.

I fish a couple of waters not too far from Wigan on the PAAS ticket (Ulness Walton and Withnell Bottom Lodge) and a couple of stretches of the Ribble at Preston.

2 are on the WDAA Wigan District Angling Association...Fan Lodge n Figure 8...rest are day ticket.

42 minutes ago, crusian said:

Well at least your lad gets to kick a ball .

Hopefully the Morris Dancing won't get cancelled , I guess all the dancers will have to use 6ft+ sticks ? .

๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I hoped it would get cancelled coz I could have gone this morning.

But hopefully out next weekend.

35 minutes ago, Damo_UK said:

Hi Damo and welcome to the forum. I'm also from the lovely north west, I'm a member of withnell Anglers and fish junior lodge at withnell fold and roach bridge lodge. You've got plenty of choice of excellent waters with prince Albert ticket. It's nice to have another northerner on board. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘

2 hours ago, finchey said:

Hi Damo and welcome to the forum. I'm also from the lovely north west, I'm a member of withnell Anglers and fish junior lodge at withnell fold and roach bridge lodge. You've got plenty of choice of excellent waters with prince Albert ticket. It's nice to have another northerner on board. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘

Cheers Finchey. I have looked at Withnell Anglers previously - might grab a ticket. As an allrounder, PAAS is a great option - limited on the carp front - but for river fishing, whether course or game it is excellent -- also has some excellent pike waters, such as Rake Brook and lower roddlesworth ressie near you, which are both vastly underrated and overlooked.ย 

3 hours ago, Damo_UK said:

Rake Brook and lower roddlesworth

Hi Damo these used to be on the withnell ticket and i used to fish them many years ago for the pike, very hard waters put properly one of the best pike waters in the area at the time, one of my mates had his one and only 30 out of rake brook. There are some big carp in lower roddlesworth I've watched them many times in the summer cruising around on top never fished for them because I wasn't interested in carp at the time, but they have to be worth a ago, I'dย  be tempted to pre bait some areas and have a go for them, I don't know if anyone fishes for them now but at the time only a couple of lads used to fish for them, I couldn't even tell you if they ever got caught.

As for the withnell ticket they don't have a lot of carp waters only the two I mentioned in my earlier post and I don't really know how good they are as yet I only rejoined the club in January after many years and I've not really fished a lot up to now.ย 

1 hour ago, finchey said:

Hi Damo these used to be on the withnell ticket and i used to fish them many years ago for the pike, very hard waters put properly one of the best pike waters in the area at the time, one of my mates had his one and only 30 out of rake brook. There are some big carp in lower roddlesworth I've watched them many times in the summer cruising around on top never fished for them because I wasn't interested in carp at the time, but they have to be worth a ago, I'dย  be tempted to pre bait some areas and have a go for them, I don't know if anyone fishes for them now but at the time only a couple of lads used to fish for them, I couldn't even tell you if they ever got caught.

As for the withnell ticket they don't have a lot of carp waters only the two I mentioned in my earlier post and I don't really know how good they are as yet I only rejoined the club in January after many years and I've not really fished a lot up to now.ย 

I agree totally - they are completely overlooked in terms of carp - i'm going to have a bit of a mini campaign on Rake/lower rod this year, probably autumn time. As far as i'm aware only one or two people fish it for carp - the club advertise it as a pike water and stipulate that there is no carp present - but there clearly is to those that know. There are a few pikers I know that have been on there over the winter, but a 30 out of there is immense. Fish of a life time right there!

4 hours ago, Damo_UK said:

I agree totally - they are completely overlooked in terms of carp - i'm going to have a bit of a mini campaign on Rake/lower rod this year, probably autumn time. As far as i'm aware only one or two people fish it for carp - the club advertise it as a pike water and stipulate that there is no carp present - but there clearly is to those that know. There are a few pikers I know that have been on there over the winter, but a 30 out of there is immense. Fish of a life time right there!

I'm talking 20 plus years ago and at the time there were 2 definite different 30lbers in there. It was a fantastic water at the time, I couldn't tell what the stamp of fish are like now. ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘