Delkim EV-D

3 minutes ago, oscsha said:

They could but then from a business point of view there is no progressive ladder for the customer to climb . 

Exactly.

They do two versions. The TXI (remote version) @ 135 quid, and the EV (none remote) @ 60 quid.

If they made the EV remote it would be a TXI!

I was looking at dipping a toe into the world of Delkim at some point in the future, should my current alarms go pear shaped (although my ATT's are still going strong after nearly 7 years) and I thought that the EV-D would be a way forward, as I have an ATTX receiver, I figured a pair of dongles wouldn't bee too hard on the pocket

9 minutes ago, yonny said:

Exactly.

They do two versions. The TXI (remote version) @ 135 quid, and the EV (none remote) @ 60 quid.

If they made the EV remote it would be a TXI!

So it basically costs the same and you have to buy the dongles from a competitor 😣🤔 I just dont get why anyone who didn't already own the dongles, would buy them? 

3 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

So it basically costs the same and you have to buy the dongles from a competitor 😣🤔 I just dont get why anyone who didn't already own the dongles, would buy them? 

Some folks who only do day sessions, or sit on top of their rods but want the Delkim alarms I'd suppose would look at them,

3 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

The ev-d is aimed at the customer who doesn't want a receiver , Blue has the Att receiver so it makes sense to buy the dongles .

18 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I get that not everyone wants a receiver and even if you have one you may not use it but nowadays surely every new alarm should be directly combatible with a receiver at the very least 

But then everyone would be paying for remote capability they might not want. That's an extra 75 quid per alarm for the Delks😲

8 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Which is my point it seems a bit of a con,I don't think it has to be that expensive most cheaper alarms have remote capabilities these days, why can't Delks? 

They could if they wanted to , but why would they when they can make more money doing it the way they are . They are afterall a business out there to make money .

21 minutes ago, yonny said:

But then everyone would be paying for remote capability they might not want. That's an extra 75 quid per alarm for the Delks😲

and add £147 for the receiver....!!!! That's a mighty large markup for a couple of pence worth of circuitry and solder... but then whenever has a high end tackle firm not taken the chance to make a buck....??  and as you say... it is a business....

Edited by bluelabel
addendum

Which is my point

I don't get you point at all mate🤣

most cheaper alarms have remote capabilities these days, why can't Delks? 

So your point is Delks are too expensive?

End of the day you can pick up a none-remote alarm for a tenner, or you can go for the top shelf Delks at 60.

If you want remote you can get cheapo alarms or you can get Delks at 135 a pop.

It's the same with all the top end alarms - Fox, Nash, Nevs, etc etc.

You can always go budget - JRC, Prologic, Wychwood etc. No one is forced to buy top end stuff.

Edited by yonny

22 minutes ago, yonny said:

But then everyone would be paying for remote capability they might not want. That's an extra 75 quid per alarm for the Delks😲

and add £147 for the receiver....!!!! That's a mighty large markup for a couple of pence worth of circuitry and solder... but then whenever has a high end tackle firm not taken the chance to make a buck....??  and as you say... it is a business....

Edited just now by bluelabel

Oh dear , as with all things the final retail price is far from the cost of parts , good luck to any one with the balls to start a business !

Edited by oscsha

28 minutes ago, oscsha said:
  22 minutes ago, yonny said:

But then everyone would be paying for remote capability they might not want. That's an extra 75 quid per alarm for the Delks😲

Edited just now by bluelabel

Oh dear , as with all things the final retail price is far from the cost of parts , good luck to any one with the balls to start a business !

Hey if I was in their shoes I'd be doing the same thing....🤑 difference is, I'm on the other end of the line (literally) we all moan about the cost aspect at some point or another, whether its yer ticket, rods, bait, alarms, or whatever... it doesn't stop us wanting things a bit cheaper does it...?🤣👍