Yellow night vision glasses any good?

32 minutes ago, dayvid said:

They help in low light , quite well actually , not sure they would be much use in the dark though

I just wondered really it's that first part of darkness when your eyes haven't adjusted properly I find without my headlight I can't see much at all, and I don't like always using my headlight as that doesn't help your eyes adjust, and then you need that for everything, I've got an ngt cree headlight now that has a green light which I quite like using as it's softer but would prefer to not need one all the time if possible 

4 minutes ago, dayvid said:

Twilight with yellow lenses , really does make a difference , I found it when I was float fishing under some trees , one minute could hardly see the float glasses on and BOOM so easy to see the float , 

I might give them a go sometime, I have got Amber fortis ones but they only useful at certain times of the day, I wish I had got brown they would be more useful I think as an all round day glass I think brown is a better colour for looking in the water too while the Amber helps my old brown ones seemed to work better 

Used amber lenses for driving for many years and they are good in sunny conditions and blocking out the worst of the flare at dawn or dusk but never used them at night as they are effectively blocking out light and out of town, I need all the light I can see.

I've just bought a pair of the Fortis Amber glasses but with the 2x diopter. They are quite dark and I don't use them when the light starts to dim but with age, my eyes need all the help they can get for tying hooks or attaching boilies.

2 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Just wondering if anyone has used these for night driving or more importantly night fishing? 

As I get older my eyesight seems worse and as soon as it gets dark things become even trickier just wondering if these may help me see better in the dark 😳

Hi Elmo

As a glasses wearer I've got what I call Brown and Grey clipons ; I used to have some fly fishing glasses which you could change the lenses on , and they had what I would call yellow lenses , as well as brown and grey ,  which were great as Dayvid says .

I would love some yellow clip ons , but I can't find any .

14 hours ago, crusian said:

Hi Elmo

As a glasses wearer I've got what I call Brown and Grey clipons ; I used to have some fly fishing glasses which you could change the lenses on , and they had what I would call yellow lenses , as well as brown and grey ,  which were great as Dayvid says .

I would love some yellow clip ons , but I can't find any .

Type in yellow clip on sunglasses on amazon there are loads 👍

15 hours ago, Golden Paws said:

Used amber lenses for driving for many years and they are good in sunny conditions and blocking out the worst of the flare at dawn or dusk but never used them at night as they are effectively blocking out light and out of town, I need all the light I can see.

I've just bought a pair of the Fortis Amber glasses but with the 2x diopter. They are quite dark and I don't use them when the light starts to dim but with age, my eyes need all the help they can get for tying hooks or attaching boilies.

I know what you mean there my eyesight has really seemed to get worse this last couple of years, I did get my eyes tested at specsavers last time though, I think that may be part of it, 

14 hours ago, yonny said:

The yellows filter the brighter colours on the spectrum of light during dawn and dusk but at night there is no light to filter. You'd be even more blind Elmo.

They are great for dawn and dusk though.

I did think that but just wondered as they all seem to be night time driving glasses so just wondered if there could be a better use for them :)

3 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Type in yellow clip on sunglasses on amazon there are loads 👍

I know what you mean there my eyesight has really seemed to get worse this last couple of years, I did get my eyes tested at specsavers last time though, I think that may be part of it, 

I did think that but just wondered as they all seem to be night time driving glasses so just wondered if there could be a better use for them :)

Thanks , Elmo .

I wear rimless glasses , and the clip ons on Amazon aren't the same as my other colours .

I may end up buying one of the different designs , but I won't look as cool as usual .

😎

• 2 weeks later...