Boilie without boiling

BesnikM

Hi , i just wanted to ask you guys what are your experiences with egg replacement such as whey gel and egg albumen at 10% added on basemix , what is the point of boiling the boilies if there are no egg on them anymore , what do you thing just rolling them and then air drying for some days ? 

Sincerly Besnik.

Yes , there are no nuisance fish but i meant why we boil the boilie since there is no liquid eggs added to firm the boilie , on the ccmoore website that i bought tue wheygel and egg albumen shows the boiling time should be max 60sec. Half of that with liquid egg but what about not boiling at all , you will not loose any goodness from the boilie! 

19 minutes ago, BesnikM said:

Yes , there are no nuisance fish but i meant why we boil the boilie since there is no liquid eggs added to firm the boilie , on the ccmoore website that i bought tue wheygel and egg albumen shows the boiling time should be max 60sec. Half of that with liquid egg but what about not boiling at all , you will not loose any goodness from the boilie! 

Yeah, I know what you meant buddy. We only boil to add integrity to the bait and prevent nuisance species from whittling them down. That boiling process does denature that baits so if nuisance species aint a problem then go ahead.

It was an old accepted method of making bait, rolling them as normal, then placing them in a paper bag and air drying them in the airing cupboard until they go hard. I tried it, but to be honest, I didn't see much difference between them and boiled baits. I used to put them on cocktail sticks before putting them in the airing cupboard so when they were ready, i would pull the cocktail stick out and be left with a hole through the middle for the hair. I found that all I was doing was dehydrating the baits, so once in the lake, they re-adsorbed the lake water and softened up - there's a thought, a bait with the appearance of a washed out boilie! 

other ways I tried was to increase the egg albumin levels and boil for 30secs just to skin them, (experimentation is necessary dependant on base mix) so the middle of the bait was still a paste. 

or put the baits in a steamer to skin them, this can produce the skinned paste effect that may suit your needs.

Well done mate , i dont have the experience thats why i posted this to see others before me tried it maybe theu lurned something , a lot of people are telling me why do you put liquid egg in your boilies , i just won 1st place in carp tournament hold in my country and guess what it was the boilies i used to make with liquid eggs! , 20 teams where the tournamet lasted 72h and i only used fishmeal boilies and worked very well , now im experimenting with eggless boilie and wanted to avoid boiling so i cant loose any goodnes from the boiling process , but afterwards i always can boost them up from the outside coating! 

Thanx a lot.

B8059BFB-88B5-4A4B-BD48-93F125E4ADE5.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...