Gardner Hydro Tuff

Are you fishing snaggy waters Ian? 

There's yonny's write up and table showing stretch vs diameter /breaking strains on a thread from a few years ago,which is very useful. 

From that thread, I started using the GT HD. 15lb, superb line, none of the usual faults, that are common with other mono's.

I used it on my previous syndi that had more Canadian weed than water, never had any issues. 

https://www.anglingdirect.co.uk/gardner-gt-hd-mono-line?gclid=Cj0KCQjwt5zsBRD8ARIsAJfI4BhySYV1soidRliRKmfSJM0aaxQzD-t9DuHrCNGp8SzoEYu1Kg6vXCwaAqeYEALw_wcB

I've been using 15lb hydrotuff in green all this year it's brilliant line in my opinion, I've only stripped it back to refresh it a couple of times so far it casts nicely seems to lay nicely and doesn't give me any bother at all ,I can now recommend it with absolute confidence 

I've actually just put fresh leaders on and stripped them a little tonight so they are ready for Thursday night gotta love strictly come dancing gives me a pass to play in the garage 😀

14 hours ago, crusian said:

😃

I'm currently using the rather funky combination of Hydro Tuff in 12 lb with a 20/30 ft leader of the SLS Specimon Tough in 18 lb. The water I'm fishing is really, really weedy and the fish do sometimes hang out a very long range. This set up allows me to get the distance and still deal with the weed. I would happily use the Hydro Tuff in 20 lb as a leader too. 

27 minutes ago, yonny said:

I'm currently using the rather funky combination of Hydro Tuff in 12 lb with a 20/30 ft leader of the SLS Specimon Tough in 18 lb. The water I'm fishing is really, really weedy and the fish do sometimes hang out a very long range. This set up allows me to get the distance and still deal with the weed. I would happily use the Hydro Tuff in 20 lb as a leader too. 

I've been using the avid outline leader in 20lb for a while now, I am quite happy with that as a leader seems to work nicely with the hydrotuff 

2 hours ago, yonny said:

Thanks , Yonny .

Now you know that Hydro Tuff is available in Brown as well as Green , would you have gone for the brown maybe ? .

😀