Angling pressure, on yourself, not the fish

bluelabel

8 hours ago, yonny said:

They dont show you the blanks on social media. Dont go thinking the top boys dont blank because they do. Fish for yourself buddy. It's not a competition. Focus on your own fishing and enjoy it. Your time will comešŸ‹

I do think it may affect your confidence in some way subconciously though, i am still enjoying the challenge tbh and actually the main pressure I have is that It is a tough challenge I have set myself, but I've learnt tough lessons before and I think I can do it again, but looking at some lakes these days where people are having hits makes me think would I enjoy fishing a lake with a higher stock more as I would probably catch more ,I guess the end result will tell me whether it was worth it šŸ¤”

I have a Thursday night planned for this week and I can't decide on st Ives or having a break and fishing a day ticket for a night to try and break that particular duckĀ 

6 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I have a Thursday night planned for this week and I can't decide on st Ives or having a break and fishing a day ticket for a night to try and break that particular duck.

It's up to you mate. Do what you enjoy.

I am also going through a lean spell on a hard water but I know that all I have to do is put a hookbait in front a feedingĀ fish (trickier than it sounds sometimes) and I will catch. If I keep going it will happen. When it does I'll be buzzing.

I've struggled before and I'll struggle again. It's just part of fishing for special fish.

Earlier in the year I went on a social to a day ticket lake. I caught a bunch. Did I get the buzz? Of course not lol. It was fun but I was bored after the 2nd or third fish and was thinking about my hard water.

You are right I think got to keep ploughing on , I keep getting the Leon Bartropp phrase it only takes one bite coming into my head, the day ticket can wait till winter again, this is the golden time when they could be stocking up on boilies and more precisely my boilies, good luck yonny and remember it only takes one biteĀ 

One of the things I found out yesterday was that top sponsored anglers (in whatever field of their sport) are expected to publish results in soshul meeja to publicise that sponsors products... I suppose when you get down to it, there really isn't such a thing as a free lunch.... but it adds to the workload, when you get in from a hard days fishing, be it match, carp, fly, or sea and you have to write up the events of the day, not forgetting to mention the sponsor's products every few lines...

That said, for a while I was sponsored by a local tackle shop as an NFA/AT coach, and although social media wasn't as prevalent then as now, there was an expectation that recommendations be made and results published in the angling press... it all adds to the pressure that you put yourself under and since packing in coaching and match fishing I have found my catch rates have gone up, as I do not feel the need or be pressured to try every trick in the book to get that bite orĀ weight... now I just enjoy the day for what it is... and if I blank my bottom off in the process...? so what...? it's been a day out in the fresh air with flora and fauna to look at...Ā 

tight linesšŸ‘Ā Ā 

• 1 month later...

@crusian, through a couple of pm's made me really think about my fishing.

I struggled for a couple of years on Nazeing. I was catching occasionally and big fish closest to my largest fish, but I never really felt on top of what I was doing. This year was a total change, going onto a large reservoir where no-one had really carp fished, no-one knew what was about, so it was all new. Plenty of walking, looking a few times 'camping', but over the year I have caught more fish, and more 20+ than in the previous few years.Ā 

Even with no 30lb carp this year, I would say it has been more enjoyable; from the scenery over 350odd acres, to the catching of probably uncaught fish.Ā 

Fishing has been mostly on my terms. From two days of mostly sleeping, to two days of watching. To prebaiting and catching, to learning.Ā 

3 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

@crusian, through a couple of pm's made me really think about my fishing.

I struggled for a couple of years on Nazeing. I was catching occasionally and big fish closest to my largest fish, but I never really felt on top of what I was doing. This year was a total change, going onto a large reservoir where no-one had really carp fished, no-one knew what was about, so it was all new. Plenty of walking, looking a few times 'camping', but over the year I have caught more fish, and more 20+ than in the previous few years.Ā 

Even with no 30lb carp this year, I would say it has been more enjoyable; from the scenery over 350odd acres, to the catching of probably uncaught fish.Ā 

Fishing has been mostly on my terms. From two days of mostly sleeping, to two days of watching. To prebaiting and catching, to learning.Ā 

So you've got a new job that you are enjoying , and a new water / project that you are also enjoying ,Ā congratulations , Nick .

šŸ˜ƒ

Ā