Any other tips for lightening up

17 minutes ago, Tree123 said:

Not sure how I'd feel about wearing my bedchair.

I used to strap mine to my rucksack, it can make carrying it a whole lot easier. Rucksack and bedchair on my back, rod holdall strap across my shoulder, holding the handle, tackle box in the other hand.

That is the advantage of Bergen strapping, you can attach pretty much anything to it.

8 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I used to strap mine to my rucksack, it can make carrying it a whole lot easier. Rucksack and bedchair on my back, rod holdall strap across my shoulder, holding the handle, tackle box in the other hand.

That is the advantage of Bergen strapping, you can attach pretty much anything to it.

Surely that weight would kill your back.  

But I guess if you had one of lightweight ones what 6kg in the great total of stuff. 

Had some  northern specials arrive   for   chucking at  showing  fish. and I'm prepared some 500g bags of tiger which should be plenty  for overnight sessions where I wanna set traps.   Used to carry like 2 -3kg of boilies   to help  feed off any bream  but tigers should hopefully get  past them. 

Edited by Tree123

6 minutes ago, Tree123 said:

But I guess if you had one of lightweight ones what 6kg in the great total of stuff. 

Had some  northern specials arrive   for   chucking at  showing  fish. and I'm prepared some 500g bags of tiger which should be plenty  for overnight sessions where I wanna set traps.   Used to carry like 2 -3kg of boilies   to help  feed off any bream  but tigers should hopefully get  past them. 

That seems an awful lot of tigers to me

3 hours ago, Tree123 said:

Load a rucksack correctly it is no problem. Clothes go at the bottom, gradually load it to heavy stuff at the top. The bedchair weight is basically spread from top to bottom as it is strapped at top and bottom.

The weight was only around 40kilos with all my bait, food, water and cooking stuff. Not like I was yomping far with it... Maybe a mile or so round Ardleigh...

Heh.... went out to Ashlyns on Sunday and the two lads I was with both had barrows.... I rolled up pulled my kit out of the car (two rods and brolly, ruckie and food and bait bag with Avid lo-chair on top,  and I was on the water before they had loaded the barrows up

I was two thirds of the way through setting up when they arrived... Lightweight, mobile, small kit is the way forward chaps👍

(Still blanked me bum off though🤣😛😎)

This thread has got me thinking a little still a way off being a lightweight but I have just bought a sonik SK Tek compact chair as a review told me they are rated to 20st, and it folds up small enough to fit in with my net in the unhooking mat/sling so no extra hands required, I'm nearly mobile enough for day sessions as long as it doesn't rain, I haven't got any kind of brolly yet only a Nash titan viper but that's too heavy for a day session 

• 1 month later...

I think I may have arrived at an ok level of lightness for now 

My carp catching kit required for short sessions and overnighters 

Ngt Rod quiver holding 3 rods 2 for fishing one spod/ marker rod, landing net , banksticks, brolley and safety retainer 

Bag for tackle bits ,food and refreshment bite alarms , scales etc selfie stick /tripod 

Lightweight chair with bag or bedchair (this needs work ) 

Bait bucket or two 

Pop up cradle 

Job done boom 

Have a look at the Korum compact rucksacks... some chairs clip onto the ruckie.... the chub  does and so does their Korum square leg chair and their ultra lite Aeronium (I have a square leg chair it's not too light as it's got loads of preston attachments on it but on its own it's okay... (Just found that the JRC X-Lite chair also clips onto the Korum Ruckies) 

Hi bluelabel 

My chair is fine and can be carried, it's my bedchair that needs some work/replacing tbh it's an old slightly knackered jrc cocoon and 4 season sleeping bag (heavy) a rucksack may be a good idea for carrying this or another bedchair when I get some spare funds 

Dannygooner

The pop up cradle weighs 1.65kg and tbh I would rather have it for the safety of the fish, I agree the retainer may be a luxury item that's only needed occasionally but if I can would rather have it with me just incase I need it 

I was using an extra rod as a marker rod but felt it wasn't needed most of the time I can use a catapult or throw bait out and if I can't I can clip up and tie a spod on fairly quickly, it's not a big lake I will be fishing, but low stock so being able to move easily will help, and I guess over time i can leave the unnecessary items at home 

But thanks for the input 

My day kit comprises of a Korum compact ruckie, Korum speed mat and chub chair, (or my Avid Transit super- Lo) bait bag,  quiver with 2 carp rods/reels, net, shelter and sling...

Everything that I need goes into or onto the ruckie and quiver... I even get a flask and a sarnie in my bait bag as well as me bait...

gotta say if I'm doing a night or longer I'll use a barrow, as I only have one bedchair and a Nash wideboy ain't fer carrying if you are the wrong side of 60😎