Any other tips for lightening up

So been trying to lighten up for the last few months and I'd like to say I've done prettt well but anyone else got any other tips so far I've

Swapped to a esp lo pro but debating on getting a tempset brolly due to the height of low pro.

Swapped to a saber compact Rucksack.
Stopped doing a bag within a bag.
With stuff like my headtorch and power pack and scales

Condensed the leads hookbaits and rig. Bits that I need into my trakker pva pouch.
Swapped my the t pegs I carry on my bag for titanium ones for pegging my mat out .

I dont normally take a stove unless I want warm food which i only really need when its cold 

What bed chair did you end up with? I'm looking at trying to keep all my gear light and scaled back too until the big bivvy needs to come out in late Autumn. Bed chair is the bane of doing this for me, hate lugging around the lump I currently have! 

To be honest for just an over nighter I'd love to find another option to scrap the bed chair altogether - just not figured out what it is yet?!

Yeah would love to know what bedchair you swapped for my ss3 weighs a tonne. 

Might have to stick with the lo pro and    as in  spring and summer  I only put a brolly up if it's raining rest of the time. I'm under the stairs plus with the smaller rucksack it might be a bit roomer under there. 

1 hour ago, nigewoodcock said:

Have a look at the new scope ops gear for luggage and the four fold sleep system. 

Even dropping the rod length to 10fts will be a big difference. 

The whole scope concept is about being mobile, which means light and compact kit. 

I've got  dwarfs  10ft already  for river and canal work.  I'll be keeping my big rods as there still a 120 acre lake i want to go back to next season. 

1 hour ago, dayvid said:

I have the SS3 wide 5 season and that would  Defiantly be the first thing to go if I was to lightening up 

Need to find a balance  before buying a new bed chair.  As the dog sleeps in the bag with me  when nights are cold and im quite tall  so i dont think one of the compact type  bed chairs would work for me   plus i hate doing my sleeping bags  hence why i love the shroud in spring  summer  and autumn 

But my ss3 has got me easily 12-13kg.   Need a comprise 

Edited by Tree123

On 01/02/2019 at 10:49, The Anglin' Brothers said:

What bed chair did you end up with?

The lightest options are:

Wychwood Tactical Compact ~6.5kg

Trakker RLX Sueprlite ~6.5kg

JRC X-Lite ~6.5kg.

The Wychwood is the cheapest. That's what I have. When I replace it I'll have a good look at the JRC which has only just been released.

On 4 February 2019 at 09:11, yonny said:

The lightest options are:

Wychwood Tactical Compact ~6.5kg

Trakker RLX Sueprlite ~6.5kg

JRC X-Lite ~6.5kg.

The Wychwood is the cheapest. That's what I have. When I replace it I'll have a good look at the JRC which has only just been released.

The old x lite was a tiny bedchair though still have one in my shed

7 hours ago, The Anglin' Brothers said:

I'm seriously considering some kind of tarp for keeping dry on day sessions and getting in the summer over night sessions. 3 or 4 pegs and one or two poles to keep the front up. Nice and quick to take down, bungee to a rod bag and move swims

Surely a small brolly would be more practical, plus it would probably be just as light.

Edited by Its-grim-up-north

I just don't like the idea of cracking my head on the internal pitch point on the brolly. It's also 100 quid more than a good quality tarp and 3x2.2m tarp that comes in at 1.1kg. Only need one support and a few pegs. Still doing research if there is anything better but 130 for a brolly when I already have a bivvy seems a bit of a splash of cash to me. 

Lightweight kit.... (or should read small and portable... ???)

Pair of 9' Nash 2.75lb Dwarfs

pair of Shimano Aero x 4000 Bautrunners

JRC 2pce landing net handle and 42'net (slips neatly into the Dwarf 2 rod case)

Korum small Rucksack with Korum Carp Cradle clipped to it

Korum Fibershield 50" brolly or Nash Scope Ops ( folds up small and clips onto the Nash Dwarf 2 rod holdall)

Avid Transit Lo chair and a Daiwa Infinity bait bag (lo-chair fits on top and between the handles of the Infinity bag leaving a hand free for gates or clambering over stiles)

all of this fits into the boot of my car without dropping any of the seats down and stays totally out of sight at all times

Ultra lightweight kit...

1  8' Sharpes Split cane stalking rod,

4" Centerpin reel

Landing net and handle

Bait bucket and baccy tin with a couple of hooks and a small ball of plasticine

Brolly if its raining, do without if its not, sit onna grass if it's not raining sit on an unhooking mat if it is... 

18 hours ago, The Anglin' Brothers said:

I just don't like the idea of cracking my head on the internal pitch point on the brolly. It's also 100 quid more than a good quality tarp and 3x2.2m tarp that comes in at 1.1kg. Only need one support and a few pegs. Still doing research if there is anything better but 130 for a brolly when I already have a bivvy seems a bit of a splash of cash to me. 

I remember a 'photo that Nick posted of his very discreet night time set up using a tarp. , very minimalistic and mobile .

7 hours ago, bluelabel said:

Lightweight kit.... (or should read small and portable... ???)

Pair of 9' Nash 2.75lb Dwarfs

pair of Shimano Aero x 4000 Bautrunners

JRC 2pce landing net handle and 42'net (slips neatly into the Dwarf 2 rod case)

Korum small Rucksack with Korum Carp Cradle clipped to it

Korum Fibershield 50" brolly or Nash Scope Ops ( folds up small and clips onto the Nash Dwarf 2 rod holdall)

Avid Transit Lo chair and a Daiwa Infinity bait bag (lo-chair fits on top and between the handles of the Infinity bag leaving a hand free for gates or clambering over stiles)

all of this fits into the boot of my car without dropping any of the seats down and stays totally out of sight at all times

Ultra lightweight kit...

1  8' Sharpes Split cane stalking rod,

4" Centerpin reel

Landing net and handle

Bait bucket and baccy tin with a couple of hooks and a small ball of plasticine

Brolly if its raining, do without if its not, sit onna grass if it's not raining sit on an unhooking mat if it is... 

That's very interesting Blue. , but I thought you suffered with your back and knees ? .

I think my knees would protest the next day if I sat on a Lo Chair other than for a short period of time , and the same for sitting on a mat or the grass ; I am better off sitting on my JRC Xlite Chair at 3kg.

😃