Fishing a double peg as a team

Lumeymorris

How would you guys fish as a pair in a double swim? As I'm going on my first trip to France soon with a friend and as its our first time we thought it would be a good idea to pair up in a double swim so we can help each other out with netting a taking photos but then I thought we could also work together and share all 6 rods and take it in turns that way hopefully we both get a fish or two each or even say we found a nice spot bang in the middle of the swim big enough for two rods and both place a rod on it each and just share them to rods in case we didn't want to share all 6. 

Or if we didn't share and just fished with our own three rods what could we do as a team to help each other work out what the fish want and where they want it as were both most likely take different baits and fish differently. 

If you are both using different baits then you will probably end up competing against each other. Either that or one bait will start taking fish and then if you share it you might run out of it and have to wait until something else works.   Fishing with a partner can be quite frustrating at times but i'm sure after a week together you will have found a happy medium.  Its a holiday and not a competition so just enjoy learning stuff from each other in the first place. and take lots of pellet.

3 weeks to go, and I'm off to France with my daughter Lydia. We've booked a double swim, and I'm really looking forward to it.
Never been to the venue (Genesis) before but have been advised that the swim we are in is a "large" double, with plenty of water in front of us.
I have also been given advice to which parts of the swim are "holding spots" so will give Lydia the first option to fish those areas. 
We're going to have a little competition between ourselves, but ultimately we are there to help each other out..... I'll net for her, she'll net for me and we'll look out for each others rods.
I won't be helping her other than that though, she has been fishing long enough to know what she is doing, and I can leave her to get on with it.
The main aim of the holiday is to relax, and for Lydia to hopefully beat her pb, which currently stands at 22lb. Looking at the quality and size of the fish over there, she should do that. I'd like to beat mine, but if I don't I'm not too fussed.
My only "concern" is that she loves to spend her time on social media, even when we're fishing. She is constantly posting on FB or texting her friends, which annoys me immensely.
I'm going to get my own back on her by pitching my bivvy close enough to hers so that my snoring will drive her mad.......😉

18 hours ago, Lumeymorris said:

How would you guys fish as a pair in a double swim? As I'm going on my first trip to France soon with a friend and as its our first time we thought it would be a good idea to pair up in a double swim so we can help each other out with netting a taking photos but then I thought we could also work together and share all 6 rods and take it in turns that way hopefully we both get a fish or two each or even say we found a nice spot bang in the middle of the swim big enough for two rods and both place a rod on it each and just share them to rods in case we didn't want to share all 6. 

Or if we didn't share and just fished with our own three rods what could we do as a team to help each other work out what the fish want and where they want it as were both most likely take different baits and fish differently. 

Your decision should be made based on what the carp are up to buddy. If they're stacked up in a given area personally I think it's way more effective fishing as a team to set up either side of them or opposite one another. You can bounce the fish off one another. Personally I think 6 rods on top of them will likely push them out.

Edited by yonny

Talk to me what do you mean by 6 rods on top of them may push them out? Is it because the angling pressure in one area of the lake or did u just mean 6 rods on one spot? As the swim covers a lot of water and the lake is going to be very busy with 8 out of 10 swims being booked so should keep the carp moving. 

And say we had a good head of fish holding in a area how would you go about fishing it either side to get that bounce back effect you were saying. Would you just fish the edges of the area of put one or two in the middle? Or if you were to fish on the edges how many rods would you put either side one or two?

1 minute ago, Lumeymorris said:

Talk to me what do you mean by 6 rods on top of them may push them out? Is it because the angling pressure in one area of the lake

Exactly that buddy. Too many lines in one area. I see this a lot, particularly in France where they're always pressured.

2 minutes ago, Lumeymorris said:

And say we had a good head of fish holding in a area how would you go about fishing it either side to get that bounce back effect you were saying. Would you just fish the edges of the area

I watched a couple of mates do this to very good effect (on a French trip funnily enough). Pretty much as you say; both baiting towards a central area, both fishing to their near side of that area. What would happen is one of them would pick up a fish or 3 then they'd back off. Shortly after the other would have a couple on the bank..... and so on and so forth. They bounced those fish off one another for a week, kept the bait going in, and they ended up with a very good tally of fish as you can imagine (including some proper units).

• 1 month later...

Only gone and smashed it in france we got the double peg as planned and managed to land 16 fish with a few lumps as well I had two 50s biggest being a 57lb and my mate had the lake record fish at 62.14lb. Thanks for all your help especially you yonny as I took your advice on how many rods to put out and ended up only fishing two rods and caught the most fish!😀