Any recommendations?

Jack Pike Tundra boots in realtree, best boots i ever did own, waterproof and breathable with thinsulate inside and at £69.95 or less they aint got no carp tax (BONUS)

i have worn them all day including driving with none of that 'oh gawd' when you take them off, i just hose them down when they get caked and they are as new looking as when i first got them about 18 months ago.

would highly recomend. :lol:

index.jpg

Stay away from Columbia boots ... spent out on a pair a few years back weren't cheap costing over 100 £ might even of been closer to 150 £ can't remember. Top mountain spec etc 

But I do remember them being rubbish at keeping your feet warm & dry , questioned myself on a few winter sessions whether it was sweat after walking round trying to spot fish but it was just down to them not being waterproof as stated. 

Ended up wearing them to work where they soon fell apart lol 

Get down TK Maxx, if you're lucky you'll pick up some top-of-the-line walking boots (Berghaus, Merrell etc) for 20 or 30 quid. Failing that get down Sports Direct and pick up a pair of Karrimor's (or sometimes they have Solomon's in which are really good boots).

No need to spend big on boots imo.

6 hours ago, yonny said:

Get down TK Maxx, if you're lucky you'll pick up some top-of-the-line walking boots (Berghaus, Merrell etc) for 20 or 30 quid. Failing that get down Sports Direct and pick up a pair of Karrimor's (or sometimes they have Solomon's in which are really good boots).

No need to spend big on boots imo.

Even Wynsors world of shoes 😁😁

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 15:20, PhilG1960 said:

I need to invest in a decent 100% waterproof and comfortable pair of boots. Only want to wear them for fishing. Nothing fancy or thermal. Any recommendations?

Just bought a pair of these,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mens-NORTHWEST-Leather-Walking-Hiking-Waterproof-Ankle-Boots-Trainers-Shoes-Size/122423853396?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=422892424043&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

It's the second pair I've bought and I've found them to be pretty comfortable. They are very similar to Karimoor, which I have also used before and would also recommend for the price... If you are just using them for fishing they will last ages..... If it's raining or you are walking through wet grass, your feet will stay dry, but if you want to go for a paddle, pack some wellies/waders :)

If you only do them up , up to the hooks, without using the hooks, they can slip on really quick when needed.

Edited by B.C.

On 8 May 2018 at 10:10, cyborx said:

they are actually hunters boots so well good for the outside but the realtree is a nice touch :lol:

On 8 May 2018 at 13:48, cyborx said:

i had the tfg ones a couple of years ago and my only problem was that they split where the rubber toe cap joined the more flexible boot, two pairs went like that.

On 8 May 2018 at 12:58, harpz_31 said:

I got some tfg boots years ago for walking through the long wet grass on the banks of the river trent and they look very similar to the 1s in cyborgs picture

very good boots tho and apart from new laces they still going strong

I think the latest TFG Boots are the same as the Jack Pyke.

I got myself a pair a couple of years ago, and have been out and about fishing in some real cold weather, pike fishing in the snow.

https://www.fishtec.co.uk/buy.cfm/fishing-boots/tf-gear-primal-ap-extreme-boots/40/yes/37810?Affiliate=4,397&gclid=Cj0KCQjw28_XBRDhARIsAEk21Fh2rgD3t8zeFiIrIxvbV0opGmqKUDCFD7cZPw-T6dwblSrq9wHLWJcaAv0NEALw_wcB

For summer I prefer a decent pair of 'combat' boots, usually Hi-Tec Magnums. They are not cheap, but get plenty of abuse, lasting around 2 years, being used on site, walking the river and around the lakes.

http://www.military1st.co.uk/m800892-magnum-classic-boots-black.html

4 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I think the latest TFG Boots are the same as the Jack Pyke.

I got myself a pair a couple of years ago, and have been out and about fishing in some real cold weather, pike fishing in the snow.

https://www.fishtec.co.uk/buy.cfm/fishing-boots/tf-gear-primal-ap-extreme-boots/40/yes/37810?Affiliate=4,397&gclid=Cj0KCQjw28_XBRDhARIsAEk21Fh2rgD3t8zeFiIrIxvbV0opGmqKUDCFD7cZPw-T6dwblSrq9wHLWJcaAv0NEALw_wcB

For summer I prefer a decent pair of 'combat' boots, usually Hi-Tec Magnums. They are not cheap, but get plenty of abuse, lasting around 2 years, being used on site, walking the river and around the lakes.

http://www.military1st.co.uk/m800892-magnum-classic-boots-black.html

The tfg boots i had were not as nice as those Primals,, the rubber toe came right up to the start of the tongue and the flexing at the joint as you walked was why they cracked.

your right about the Primals being pikey look alikes :lol:

1 hour ago, cyborx said:

The tfg boots i had were not as nice as those Primals,, the rubber toe came right up to the start of the tongue and the flexing at the joint as you walked was why they cracked.

your right about the Primals being pikey look alikes :lol:

I know the ones you mean, the TFG Super -Tuffs, I didn't like the look of them either😉