Anyone had proper job pop ups?

• 1 year later...
3 minutes ago, Dan Mircea said:

how about a size 11 pop-up. Good enough for a size 4 ronnie? 

Yes - although I would test it in a glass to see how long it will keep your particular pattern of hook up for.

The 13 mm needs a fair bit of putty to hold it down, I even had to trim the pop ups down. The 11 mm will keep a hinge with a size 5 Chodda up for 48 hrs easily, and that's with putty too.

They're be far the most buoyant pop ups on the market buddy.

50 minutes ago, yonny said:

I find the more weighty the rig is (hookbait+hook+swivel(s)+putty) the less tangle prone it is!

Not with my casting technique mate - that's all I know.  Don't forget that with the Multi your talking about an extremely low pop-up, maybe if it were higher it wouldn't be able to turn and catch under the putty, but it can.  Granted it's quite rare that it happens but occasionally it does.

A lot of this will depend on how stiff the hooklink is, I know that with the materials I use, big blobs of putty are a no no

Urban baits pop-ups stay up for days, hold up a size 4 and only require a small amount of putty, I've tested a lot and these work perfectly for me 👍

• 1 year later...
On 17/04/2018 at 16:34, Carp123_0 said:

I want reviews on there pop ups 

I normally fish with multi rig 

i know there ment to be really buoyant I normally fish 15mm on multi rig 

just want to know if there 15mm will be ok for this I don’t mind putting on a AAA shot or a SSG to pin it down 

Get the 13mm for multi rig with size 4 hook. Works fine for me.

• 3 months later...