A good first bivvy?

10 minutes ago, Dannygooner said:

It's cause they are measured along the curvature I believe. Not a straight across diameter. And I have to agree,they are useless in wind

It's not big enough to cover all my gear. Is great for float/silver fishing down the canal, but not for dedicated carping. 

I am tempted by a brolly system, especially the Hardcore version by TF gear. Problem is, I don't want to buy one, and then want a bivvy later down the road. Would rather just have 1 shelter, whether it is for a day session, or a bit longer. 24 hours would be the max I could fish at the moment. 

30 minutes ago, TheKingTench said:

It's not big enough to cover all my gear. Is great for float/silver fishing down the canal, but not for dedicated carping. 

I am tempted by a brolly system, especially the Hardcore version by TF gear. Problem is, I don't want to buy one, and then want a bivvy later down the road. Would rather just have 1 shelter, whether it is for a day session, or a bit longer. 24 hours would be the max I could fish at the moment. 

i have a TFG force 8 bivvy in my shed that i used for years, they pop up and down in a matter of seconds, built in ground sheet too.

if you need to stay mobile you can pull 4 pegs and hit the catch and be moving in less than two mins.

https://www.totalfishinggear.co.uk/buy.cfm/tfg-bivvies-and-brollies/tf-gear-force-8-bivvy/39/no/32802

10 minutes ago, cyborx said:

i have a TFG force 8 bivvy in my shed that i used for years, they pop up and down in a matter of seconds, built in ground sheet too.

if you need to stay mobile you can pull 4 pegs and hit the catch and be moving in less than two mins.

https://www.totalfishinggear.co.uk/buy.cfm/tfg-bivvies-and-brollies/tf-gear-force-8-bivvy/39/no/32802

10 minutes ago, cyborx said:

I think it is an excellent looking Bivvy. 

REALLY THAT QUICK TO SET UP AND TAKE DOWN?

Think you need to take a step back and think about just how your going to use it , if you're going to be using for mainly days then your going to be sitting up in a decent chair and going to need some head room, sitting on a bed chair is not that comfortable . Think that a brolly type would be to low for you to sit under , the ribs inside even with the smaller bosses still take up a fair bit of headroom, where most of the bivvie systems have the frame work on the outside..

13 minutes ago, cloud9 said:

Think you need to take a step back and think about just how your going to use it , if you're going to be using for mainly days then your going to be sitting up in a decent chair and going to need some head room, sitting on a bed chair is not that comfortable . Think that a brolly type would be to low for you to sit under , the ribs inside even with the smaller bosses still take up a fair bit of headroom, where most of the bivvie systems have the frame work on the outside..

Will mostly be using the shelter for 10-12 hours sessions, and the odd overnighter if I can. Don't take a bedchair, but a normal folding TF Gear chair. 

Looks like I may as well just bite the bullet and buy a bivvy. Obviosuly I plan on doing some 72 hour sessions next year. 

19 hours ago, framey said:

Overwrap? 

just fired them an email, will let you know.

i have the earlier version and no overwrap but there is an inner skin.

as i said previously it has been good for quite a few years (one of the first to hit the shops) and never had a problem.

On 3/9/2018 at 17:45, cloud9 said:

That's a good point Cloud .

I sit up in a chair during my day sessions and I have enough headroom as I have a Trakker Tempest Brolly and there are no internal ribs nor boss , BUT I am about 5ft. 8" .

:)

On 9 March 2018 at 13:55, TheKingTench said:

The Hardcore system can have the front off it, it unzips or folds back. It is a pretty good bivvy system. I would actually find it a bit big for day only sessions. Inside it is like a palace, the space is massive, a lot bigger than a Fox EasyDome, which is around the same size as a TFG Force 8 I think.

On 9 March 2018 at 17:45, cloud9 said:

The brolly gives me protection during a day and I'm usually in a fairly low chair, but haves the advantage of taking an overwrap as well for full coverage.

I do sit on a chair across my bedchair on long session. I don't put the rear legs down, and sit it across the bed. I do sometimes have a spoke in my ear.

Bivvy, from the term bivouac, a temporary camp, without tents or cover. Anglers however have added the shelter, a brolly system is a form of bivvy.

You might want to have a look at the Korum range they do a multi shelter that is tall enough for a day chair but easily doubles as a comfy bivvy, comes with a removable front the only thing it does not have is an outer skin, no biggie i have never used a winter skin, don't need one between now and next November.

22 hours ago, cyborx said:

just fired them an email, will let you know.

i have the earlier version and no overwrap but there is an inner skin.

as i said previously it has been good for quite a few years (one of the first to hit the shops) and never had a problem.

I always think they are missing a trick not making overrwaps a buddy of mine has one and an overwrap would be benifical for those who fish in winter 

4 hours ago, TheKingTench said:

I think I'm sold on the hardcore brolly system.

In the summer time, I don't think I will even bother fishing for carp during the daylight hours

you will miss out on some classic captures chap, aside from your waters bite time stalking basking fish and freelining bread flake or mixer can and has paid dividends for most anglers in the past.

3 hours ago, cyborx said:

you will miss out on some classic captures chap, aside from your waters bite time stalking basking fish and freelining bread flake or mixer can and has paid dividends for most anglers in the past.

Place I fish does not allow stalking, or free lining any floating baits. Have to stick to your peg. 

I'm stuck in Leicestershire, and there is not a good choice of places to fish,