WADERS

10 minutes ago, kevtaylor said:

I bought the cheaper ones with white in the straps not yellow, no complaints at all - the best waders I've owned.

The one with the yellow straps look good don't know the specific differences as to why they are better- don't think you'd be disappointed with any from the range.

Heard the ocean ones are good to.

think the yellow strap are 700e just a slightly newer model with upgraded pvc  white straps are  600 d . I use mine in my river clearing snags underwater trees really tough material very impressed with what they withstand I must admit . mine are the 700 e but shouldn't think there's much in it . do the 600 d have an internal pocket kev? 

12 minutes ago, kevtaylor said:

I had neoprene ones before and I ended up ripping them and putting little cuts all over them walking round my old snaggy water.

Even when new I can't remember them actually keeping me dry, damp and warm more like.

Do lots of walking round in them and they rub badly.  Sore walk back to the car.  Bad times! 😂

walking like you've had a day in the saddle by any chance kev :lol:

1 hour ago, yonny said:

Yeah that's the ones I use, no complaints at all, they've been great.

same, only thing I did with mine is split the sole in half on something sharp on the river bed whilst doing some work. Melted back together with a mini blowtorch and a stone. good as new!

I'd say to get the best waders you can justify on price. The 740E (i think) or the reinforced 700e version. Studded boots help too if they are an option. Vass are quality and will last a long time, even with a lot of use. 

NEVER get neoprene waders, especially not for fishing! nightmare to get on and off and you look like a teletubby!! I had a pair and never again. They ended up leaking like a sieve. uncomfortable and way too warm. Brilliant if you're in an ice cold chalk stream electrofishing in early Feb... come summer though!

10 hours ago, chillfactor said:

think the yellow strap are 700e just a slightly newer model with upgraded pvc  white straps are  600 d . I use mine in my river clearing snags underwater trees really tough material very impressed with what they withstand I must admit . mine are the 700 e but shouldn't think there's much in it . do the 600 d have an internal pocket kev? 

Yes they do mate just an open pocket to put a bit of bait in.

Hi Cyborx

I've got Ocean Waders , I haven't used them a great deal , but I'm pleased with them so far - flexibility and quality feel to the material .

However , I've never owned Vass Waders so I can't compare .

I did try some Trakker Chesties on in the shop , but never having used Chesties before I found the amount of material a bit overwhelming .

:)