Help needed to sink braid

Phil was this Braid a well known brand or some dodgy gear from our far eastern department ?

If you get a solution to make the Braid sink i bet the water will wash it off leaving you back where you started :(

Surely advertised as Sinking demands the item be returned for a full refund ?

I fear the lid of your dustbin will get levered open and a small deposit left for the trashman :)

1 hour ago, phil dalts said:

Right, bought some 20lb braid mainline, states sinking. Thought I'd check in glass just to see, so snipped a foot off and it doesn't sink! Joy of amazon ay!.

Anyway, my question is does anyone know any tricks to sink it? Not back leads! Maybe a solution I can make to soak it in??

Is that the kastking stuff? Makes quite good spod ding braid as it floats

I don't think you can soak it in anything but I see from another post you've switched from mono to braid because you're getting cut off snag fishing, ever thought about using a mono snag leader instead? Braid as a mainline is so unforgiving 

If you do get shot of the braid you could do a lot worse than a good fluorocarbon fished straight through, i have used it on some real snaggy waters and never been let down yet.

I have only used tiger line, as my reels only hold 250 meters of line it it don't hurt too much filling them up, plus it out lives other lines by a very long margin. 

15 hours ago, phil dalts said:

Joy of amazon ay!.

As above, what kind is it?

I find line/braid is one the things you just do not skimp on. There's all kinds of rubbish on Amazon/Ebay etc.... best to avoid them IMO.

I hear the Korda SUBbraid is very, very good (surprising as I don't rate their mono lines one bit).

You'll probs tell me it is the Korda stuff you bought now lol......

Hello Phil

I don't know if it would work on Mainline , but on a Hook Length Braid sometimes when you cast the strands in the braid separate and air gets in ; what you can then do is make sure the Braid is wet and run it through your fingers to squeeze any air / bubbles out .

What if you did a big chuck with just a Lead , and then slowly retrieved with the Braid pinched through a damp rag ? .

Failing that ask Carpmachine , doesn't he use Braid as Mainline ? 😁.

18 minutes ago, dayvid said:

Ahh , mine must not have been worthy of moving over just deleting .....

As salokcinnodrog said just an error, they are dead fair on here with posts and moving them around, threads often get merged or moved. i noticed the rod licence tread had a spring clean earlier this year, :)

26 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

As salokcinnodrog said just an error, they are dead fair on here with posts and moving them around, threads often get merged or moved. i noticed the rod licence tread had a spring clean earlier this year, :)

And if I do delete accidentally I do try to pm the person concerned with what happened:wink:

Is it possible to put it through a solution of washing up liquid and water?

I honestly do not know if that will work though. I always make sure I get floating or sinking dependant on requirements, and buy from a good source.