After my last outing i have decided to look into a new stove,i am currently using one of those flat square cookers, the problems with gas in cold weather and the space it takes up in my bag means i'm looking at one of these by Vango, i know a lot of anglers use similar, if i was to get the 450 gram gas bottle, would that be good for two-three days light use, mainly making tea and cooking one evening meal, most of the time i go for a breakfast on my second day out and have a sandwich in the evening, snacks in-between is normally a bowl of museli 

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/folding-stove-p153190

If you're going for a gas stove, a couple of pieces of advice.

Firstly make sure it has a pre-heat tube. This passes the gas through the stove flame before sending it through the stove head. Makes the stove burn hotter.

Secondly, use Jetboil fuel. This works down to much lower temperatures than most other fuels. I won't bore you with the reasoning, but on a cold night most basic fuel cans will stop working, even when there's loads of gas left in there.

If it was still available, i would recommend the Advanta Power Stove (http://www.anglingdirect.co.uk/advanta-power-stove) but it seems to be discontinued. It was a rebranded fire maple stove. Nice hot flame and really quick to boil.

With a quick look around, i would probably go for this one now. Has piezoelectric ignition built in as well. It's a bit more expensive, but should last you years.  http://www.anglingdirect.co.uk/advanta-discovery-csx-supernova-stove

2 hours ago, dayvid said:

That gas can should last the time you require  ,but to be on the safe side have a spare in the car .

The stove people seem to rave about is the , not read a bad report ...Bluin T4

PS, i dont have a T4 my opinion is based on others experiences

I've had two now for a few years and they're great stoves. 

Have the pre-heat tube and a definite upgrade from the square style referenced. I had one of those before upgrading.

You can also buy an adapter which allows you to use the cheap aerosol gas canisters, which means you can run it slightly cheaper in summer when these work at their best.

I've just acquired one of these https://www.mercatorgear.com/index.php/hikashop-menu-for-categories-listing/product/41-kovea-spider-basic, small lightweight and kicks some serious heat out, don't let the small burner head deceive you.

Agree with the pre heat loop if your using it in colder weather, also the above lets you invert the canister so it will run as a liquid feed stove.

i have this trakker stove and warm or cold weather it has never failed me, when im on the bank i have at least two cooked meals a day plus numerous cups of rosy and dont forget the boiling of the kettle to shrink tube new rigs and the occasional 'guest' dropping by for a cuppa too.

i get thru about 3 canisters a year, i carry two and rotate them.

41FH7X7hZ_2BL._SS500_480x480.jpg

Edited by cyborx
cause fortunately i can ;)

Another thumbs up for the Bulim T4. Had mine for £35 delivered within 4 days from Australia. 

Proper solid bit of kit and could easily boil up a 20L stock pot on it in not too long. Kicks out some serious flame. 

Almost identical to some carp brand stoves which are £60-70 with carp tax. 

On 1 April 2017 at 13:51, cyborx said:

i have this trakker stove and warm or cold weather it has never failed me, when im on the bank i have at least two cooked meals a day plus numerous cups of rosy and dont forget the boiling of the kettle to shrink tube new rigs and the occasional 'guest' dropping by for a cuppa too.

i get thru about 3 canisters a year, i carry two and rotate them.

41FH7X7hZ_2BL._SS500_480x480.jpg

I had one like this, although Web-tex did sell exactly the same stove at a cheaper price.

I did decide to get a new one recently, just for the sake of it, and went for a TFG Thermolite which is now around 6months old I guess.

The other is kept as a back-up.

https://www.totalfishinggear.co.uk/buy.cfm/carp-accessories/tf-gear-thermo-lite-stove/39/no/62195

Gas wise, some brands of gas are better than others!

In summer a standard Propane/Butane mix is ok, but in winter I try to get Iso-butane/Butane/Propane mix.

One 500 size canister tends to last me a 4day session and a bit, as soon as I finish one canister in a session I buy another spare, so I always have a spare with me.