March catches 2017

chillfactor

I wish mate lol .

Funny you mention the new line... I actually had a take on my right  hand margin rod while playing this fish , I had moved the rod  out of the way a couple of metres down the bank  while playing the common to make room to land it as it was on the middle rod , &  the reel started to go ! .

By the time I had the common in the net the fish had stopped , secured the net & went to see what the crack was with the other rod . Could just feel grating on snags but no fish, walked round to have a closer look & get right above the snag which was tree roots  old branches etc ,hand lined it all in under quite a bit of pressure got the lot back without a mark on the line proper impressive stuff tbh for  the diameter in 15lb . 

16 minutes ago, chillfactor said:

Definitely more roach than skimmer , but the dorsal fin points to hybrid, the colours can vary massively as can the shape , so can't be 100% my self mate .

Where you heading tomorrow?

Just down the local drain lol.

Promised myself I wouldn't go back but it's too convenient when time is limited mate.

To be fair you probably have more fish knowledge than me so we will call it a hybrid 😉.

20 minutes ago, chillfactor said:

Definitely more roach than skimmer , but the dorsal fin points to hybrid, the colours can vary massively as can the shape , so can't be 100% my self mate .

Where you heading tomorrow?

Actually I think I've Sussed what it is.

It's a flying fish

3 minutes ago, muftyboy said:

Just down the local drain lol.

Promised myself I wouldn't go back but it's too convenient when time is limited mate.

We can only fish where we can fish mate with time allowed. 

I need to find somewhere else local to me now , as catching that common & proving the otters hadn't had it was only really the thing I had left to do up there.  Thinking one of the local rivers probably the Avon above Evesham somewhere or maybe back towards Tewkesbury on the Avon or Severn. 

A few socials to look forward , so they take up nearly all my long session time anyway for the year . 

28 minutes ago, chillfactor said:

We can only fish where we can fish mate with time allowed. 

I need to find somewhere else local to me now , as catching that common & proving the otters hadn't had it was only really the thing I had left to do up there.  Thinking one of the local rivers probably the Avon above Evesham somewhere or maybe back towards Tewkesbury on the Avon or Severn. 

A few socials to look forward , so they take up nearly all my long session time anyway for the year . 

I'd love to have some good rivers to fish.

I just got sent a picture of one of the jewels that I wanted to catch, unfortunately it was dead.

I was actually thinking about this fish earlier , thinking tomorrow might  be the day.

Gutted mate ! .... it's funny because Both the owner & I were starting to fear the worse for that common, found some huge scales over the winter & the year before plus it hadn't been seen for nearly two years . But I actually sent  a text that morning saying it's about  time I had it more in hope than anything to go on , and  low & behold it graced my net .

Should think  the one in my avatar was the one that got had over winter though !!! 

Edited by chillfactor

On 3/13/2017 at 20:59, chillfactor said:

I actually had a take on my right  hand margin rod while playing this fish , I had moved the rod  out of the way a couple of metres down the bank  while playing the common to make room to land it as it was on the middle rod , &  the reel started to go ! .

By the time I had the common in the net the fish had stopped , secured the net & went to see what the crack was with the other rod . Could just feel grating on snags but no fish, walked round to have a closer look & get right above the snag which was tree roots  old branches etc ,hand lined it all in under quite a bit of pressure got the lot back without a mark on the line proper impressive stuff tbh for  the diameter in 15lb . 

What did I tell you mate! It really is quite incredible stuff eh?

On 16/03/2017 at 10:03, yonny said:

What did I tell you mate! It really is quite incredible stuff eh?

Your not wrong.... kept going up & down the length of line checking it over , felt sure I was going to have to strip some off , but there was no need. Just being able to pull in the snags was impressive enough with out snapping but not to have a mark on it after !!! 

On 15/03/2017 at 23:36, muftyboy said:

I'd love to have some good rivers to fish.

How far would you have to travel up the Thames to hit some good fishing mate ? Been throwing up some huge barbel the last few weeks & it's also known for its big carp .

really disappointing session for me. First time in a long time i got 36 hours rather then my normal 10/12. Fished pretty well i thought, hitting my spots well, Picked an area i thought the fish would come, got some bait ....but no nothing visited the area at all, To the point that on a couple times when i reeled in, i hooked some sweet corn (which was from my spod mix) confirming nothing had fed on my spot. I spent much of the second day walking around the lake, Located a few carp and on a white snow man rig.........i had my first ever pike! Only 1 carp came out the whole time i was there....4 come out the night i left, but the lake was rammed when i left and only 3 of us for most of my time there. really gutted.

pike.jpg