fox royale 60" brolly

thinking of getting myself a shelter for possible night sessions this coming season ,

I'm looking at a brolly type rather than a full blown bivvy type , purely because of being able to dry it out at home after a session , I don't have much room to spread things out for drying .

looking at the available information I can find the fox brolly looks to be the most robust and have the most headroom of the brolly type shelters .

Is there anyone that uses one of these ? that can give me an idea of the headroom inside and is it well constructed ?

cheers dave .

For less money look at the TFG Power Brolly

https://www.totalfishinggear.co.uk/buy.cfm/tfg-bivvies-and-brollies/tf-gear-power-brolly-shelter/39/no/43620

An overwrap is also available

The TFG brollies have had a few threads on here about them, may be worth a search

I would like to offer positive reports on Fox brolly systems, but after this week I shall say nothing...

Quite a few guys on here that I fish with use the fox supa brolly, & it's a good bit of kit ..... far superior to anything tfg produce .

I was looking at a more mobile shelter last year compared to my armo . I narrowed down my choice to the supa brolly or the trakker tempest composite bivvy .

Both you can get for around the same money & both are extremely quick up & down .

I ended choosing the trakker as you can get a proper winter wrap for it ( with air gap between the skins) unlike brolly systems where it just sits on top & I really don't see the point in .

I'm 6ft 5 & find fishing in the composite bivvy fine it's really roomy for such a small footprint because of its flat back .

20160405_185118_zps8ot3olj7.jpg

With wrap

20160309_095654_zpsorhil3tx.jpg

I honestly would of been happy with the supa brolly but being able to get your bed right up to the back of the trakker & tge proper winter wrap system swung it for me .

Used it all of last year in some terrible storms & it's as solid as a rock.

The material isn't aquatex like my armo so does suffer more from condensation but the wrap sorts that out in the cold months.

Overall very happy with it .

For less money look at the TFG Power Brolly

https://www.totalfishinggear.co.uk/buy.cfm/tfg-bivvies-and-brollies/tf-gear-power-brolly-shelter/39/no/43620

An overwrap is also available

The TFG brollies have had a few threads on here about them, may be worth a search

I would like to offer positive reports on Fox brolly systems, but after this week I shall say nothing...

The TFG brolly seems great value almost identical to my Wychwood Maximiser.. i wouldnt hesitate to by the TFG brolly personally.

Pray tell nick your story with the Fox system .

The TFG brolly seems great value almost identical to my Wychwood Maximiser.. i wouldnt hesitate to by the TFG brolly personally.

Pray tell nick your story with the Fox system .

Fair enough:

We sold a Fox brolly system, which the customer returned supposedly unused saying it wasn't suitable, and being as it had been bought as a Christmas present for him, we refunded and sold another brand of Oval brolly, the day after Boxing Day, so only a week or so old.

Within two days we had sold it again, at a discount, but when this customer got it home discovered the storm poles were muddy and the groundsheet was missing, so we replaced that as it could have been mislaid on our part, and gave him a £20 unhooking mat as a sweetener.

When he went to use it, on its first use, on New Years day, the supposed groundsheet had different fixings, clips as opposed to rings, so was not compatible with the brolly system it was supposed to be designed for.

As he was pike fishing, this at the time was not a major issue, although he was not too chuffed, but around 11am it started to rain, and according to the written report on the incident on its return, it 'leaked like a sieve'.

From what the second customer has said, it is quite possible the original customer used it, discovered its faults, and actually put it back into its original packing as tidily as possible to make it look untouched, as when I sold it second time around I checked the packaging and brolly bag before selling it to him.

I now have a Fox brolly system awaiting disposal after it was inspected by the Fox rep as it is unsaleable.

Some seem to be bullet proof whilst others seem to be sieves.

The only time mine has leaked is where the clips for the small storm poles attach inside the brolly , as i unscrew them all every time this clip is of no use ,so i have slid to the outside of the brolly now and use it as a hook for my reciever .......no leaks  now

Mine is probably one of the early ones but i have only Fabsiled it once a couple of years ago 

If its Unsaleable Nick ....... send it to me ....... :twisted:  im sure i could do something with it.

The Fox Brolly systems are Brilliant IMO , but yes some have leaked like a colander ,mine and my mates have been fine but others have not faired so well  , they are a bit like Marmite , you either love or loath them.Im in the Love camp :wink: 

The new MK 2 versions are meant to be " much better " cant really comment as mine is a MK 1

Im sure some of the problems may be due to the fact that you can clip your short storm poles onto the ribs of the brolly when not in use , as this would rub on the inner fabric .

I have always unscrewed them as i could see a potential problem their.

I've owned the tf gear power brolly for 2 years now, still works great.

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

My mate Colin loves his Power Brolly

I have the Hardcore Brolly myself, and no complaints about that either.

thanks guys , plenty of options have been suggested , looks like i'm going to have a wander around a few shops and see what they have on offer and also see it set up. also have a walk around the club water and see what people are using .

cheers dave 

Looks like I'm the only one who has actually owned the fox 60inch brolly.

I had the system one with a zip on front. Really good bit of kit. I changed it after 4 years of heavy use and just chucking it in the sling. I ripped it through carelessness so got the supabrolly as a replacement but the smaller one. More than happy with that as well.

Looks like I'm the only one who has actually owned the fox 60inch brolly.

I had the system one with a zip on front. Really good bit of kit. I changed it after 4 years of heavy use and just chucking it in the sling. I ripped it through carelessness so got the supabrolly as a replacement but the smaller one. More than happy with that as well.

thanks nige , from looking at the pictures i can find , it looks as if the ribs are quite high up once its set up , looks to give a lot more head room than some of the others ?

did you think this is correct ?

thanks dave  

Some seem to be bullet proof whilst others seem to be sieves.

The only time mine has leaked is where the clips for the small storm poles attach inside the brolly , as i unscrew them all every time this clip is of no use ,so i have slid to the outside of the brolly now and use it as a hook for my reciever .......no leaks  now

Mine is probably one of the early ones but i have only Fabsiled it once a couple of years ago 

If its Unsaleable Nick ....... send it to me ....... :twisted:  im sure i could do something with it.

To be honest, for the price of Fox brolly systems, I would expect quality to be a whole lot better. Bivvy wise, and I have owned a couple of Fox EasyDomes I can't complain with their quality.

For half the price ( :!: ) I have used and abused my TFG brolly and I think it has stood up better than most others would, and when I trashed it by setting up facing into a gale force wind, was able to repair it myself.

I had Fox Warrior Brolly systems returned, Supabrolly systems come back. For Brolly systems I would honestly say a Chub Oval and wrap, or TFG Oval or Power Brolly and wrap is a better option than spending Fox money.

In fact having seen the Drennan ESP sample, it may be worth looking at a Lo-Pro, as Drennan rarely release a pup!

• 2 weeks later...

gone for the Cyprinus Magnetix 60" system , with infill panels , ground sheet and overwrap all in for £200 , looks to have plenty of head room and is getting some good reviews . looking at some of the others they don't seem to get the spokes up very high and  I think these will just get in the way  .

hopefully being  brolly based drying it out won't be too much of a pain . 

thanks for all your help , dave .