flash sale

looking at this link .... would any of you pay the full rrp for the goods they sell & list in this sale ?

Me, no chance & looking at some of it I wouldn't pay the discounted price either.

There's a lot of slating of the more popular brands on here for being a rip off but looking at the rrp's of some of these items you would be paying a lot of money for carboot tat .

this was aimed at the few unfortunate enough to be unable to afford free spirits and the like,

not everyone is a self employed plasterer bud. nuf said :wink:

not everyone is a self employed plasterer bud. nuf said :wink:

your right far to much hard work involved.

People earn more than me in benefits a year just by having kids for a living & expect the rest of us to pay !

So haven't a clue where I live & what my job has anything to do with it.... but you do seem to bring it up at every opportunity!

Nuf said :wink:

your right far to much hard work involved.

People earn more than me in benefits a year just by having kids for a living & expect the rest of us to pay !

So haven't a clue where I live & what my job has anything to do with it.... but you do seem to bring it up at every opportunity!

Nuf said :wink:

sorry if you thought that i meant you didnt work hard phil, i have been a self employed plasterer, and bricklayer, and roof tyler, and plumber, and carpenter, and groundsman, and long distance lorry driver, i have also worked very hard at building up businesses for myself and others and have done very well for myself out of them all so i know how hard it can be, i also know how satisfying it can be too, especially when you have worked hard all your life and can sit back and reap the financial rewards that it has brought you,, BUT!! i dont go running people down just because they dont work or cant work, and as for people on benefits getting more than you can earn you only have yourself to blame for that one, work harder!! and one day you will have a wonderful wife and maybe some kids and you can start collecting some benefits yourself eh!!

ps, dont go taking this light hearted banter as a personal attack, its not, i was merely pointing out that some peeps who are on benefits and maybe have a couple of kids and a wife who may be in need of a lot of looking after and who just may not be getting all the benefits that they are ENTITLED to may find the link interesting to say the least.

you got me worried on the second bit cos i dont remember mentioning that you living in the cotswolds had anything to do with it?

have a nice life phil and dont go letting anyone burst your bubble :wink:

I must admit a lot of my fishing tackle is saved up and worked hard for.

My NG's I had a very good month at work, and didn't do too bad the month after buying 3 Shimano DL's.

In those two months, I also redecorated and carpeted my ex's house, the hallway, childrens bedrooms and dining room.

At the same time, I have also discovered that having loads of money didn't make me any happier.

Completely agree big common I couldn't care what people fish with & have said Exactly what you have many a time .... just pointed out that the rrp's were ridiculous.

Someone else tried to make it about what I might earn & that noses would be turned up if you were seen in some boots where I live . Both false assumptions.

I'm always the scruffy git at the socials & in the oldest nail :wink:

looking at this link .... would any of you pay the full rrp for the goods they sell & list in this sale ?

Me, no chance & looking at some of it I wouldn't pay the discounted price either.

There's a lot of slating of the more popular brands on here for being a rip off but looking at the rrp's of some of these items you would be paying a lot of money for carboot tat .

phil, first highlighted part suggested that you are too good for sports direct (as you put it) tat, thats ok if its not your thing as you are afterall in a job that historically pays good money and therefore can afford the good stuff unlike some, fair play mate, that was the place to leave it IMO.

the second part just blatantly stated that anyone stupid enough to be in a position where sports direct looked attractive could only afford car boot tat and that to me looked mean and derogatory,

the link was put up as it offered those who would benefit from it an alternative to more unnecessarily expensive gear and that was all.

I don't think Phil is having any sort of pop at the people who buy this range of tackle. The way I read it, he was noting the over inflated rrp's. He was asking 'do you think the tackle is worth the rrp?'

nige take off the rose tinted glasses and read it again, fully this time and not just the first line :wink:

if he was just noting the over inflated RRP's that could be done on almost any site that sells carp tackle, no need to run down a site just because you personally would not use them and as a by product denigrate anyone who would, that my boy is snobbery.

Edited by cyborx

Just had my stuff delivered..the centre pin reel, rig winders and catapults are great but the float rod is naff. Its all floppy but for £10 I didn't expect much. I'll give it a go anyway, might be alright lol. The other problem was they sent me two ground bait catapults when I ordered a boilie catapult and a groundbait catapult. I'm going to email them and see if I can get it sorted out :)

You need to get a grip too cm .

I didn't knock the site I just pointed out that SOME of the products rrp's are a rip off & you would be paying a lot of money for tat . No different to cyborx & the like do to the expensive gear members buy with no come back .

But your Bum chum got his knickers in a twist & tried to make it some sort of class issue again just like you have with the Eton comments .... yeah because everyone in the cotswolds went to Eton including me ! .

What immigration has to do with anything is beyond me.

Shame you don't take your own advice.... Didn't see cyborx pulling you up for your blatant snobbery towards Superflys last catch but he wouldn't now would he !

Pair of trolls as usual !

Fair play you write some Tosh.

You don't know anything about my spendable income or where I grew up or how we struggle financially week to week to live where we do & provide my boy with some where nice to grow up .... I suppose that's a crime in your book.

All just false assumptions as usual & starting to become fairly obvious that's how you & your bum chum try to attack me pathetic.

& how you & cyborx have got all this from me pointing out some of those products rrp's are a ripp off is beyond me. Say what you like think what you like it bothers me not . :lol: sad old gits the pair of you .

What makes me really laugh is your both probably far better off than me :lol:

I am not knocking superflys capture but if he has a heavily stocked pond in front of him full of them, it demeans the difficulty factor for me, what else is he gonna catch and how difficult is it,

So every fish you catch has a demeaned factor to it  :?: I thought your syndi had a similar stocking level

Just interested as to why you would call someones water but you fish a water that would sit in the same bracket

Just a passing observation  :)

Edited by hutch

The same day this thread popped up I had an email from Angling Direct about a sale, (first in years, they must be connected).  They won't ship to Canada anyway.  I've been impressed with the quality of most  British tackle and fishing luggage, and even the lower end stuff in my first carp fishing kits had some stars, (burned the reels out but still like those 2.25 rods, and that little mini-pod is still good).  Theoretically the higher the stocking levels, the easier it should be to catch a fish, unless they aren't biting.  If you can make those ones that aren't biting, bite, I consider that something to be proud of.  In North America and in Europe there is great carp fishing in huge lakes like inland seas, so stocking levels is only one part of the equation, their habits of patrolling for food betray them.

You need to get a grip cyborx !

& take off your tinted glasses & remove your head from cm's backside . You might find reading easier then.

ah i see, because i dont rip steve a new a, hole every time he posts i must be on the 'other' side,  and therefore not on your team and that means i am also open to the same type of twisted ridicule that you mete out on a regular basis.

you tried the same sort of thing just because i happened to click the like button on one of Tims posts a while back and when i bit back you ran off whinging and even stopped posting for a bit.

news flash buddy, i dont belong to either camp but CM is infinitely more preferable to you bud so why dont you give us a repeat of your disapearing trick and spend the time refining your people skills.

Oh and remember

http://www.xmasclock.com/

so be good or santa wont be coming to your house :lol:

You need to get a grip too cm .

I didn't knock the site I just pointed out that SOME of the products rrp's are a rip off & you would be paying a lot of money for tat . No different to cyborx & the like do to the expensive gear members buy with no come back .

But your Bum chum got his knickers in a twist & tried to make it some sort of class issue again just like you have with the Eton comments .... yeah because everyone in the cotswolds went to Eton including me ! .

What immigration has to do with anything is beyond me.

Shame you don't take your own advice.... Didn't see cyborx pulling you up for your blatant snobbery towards Superflys last catch but he wouldn't now would he !

Pair of trolls as usual !

whoops! sorry Phil, i just read this and nearly pi ssed myself laughing (again, sorry i couldnt help it).

i really do apologize if you think i gave the impression i have anything against people who buy expensive gear, although i dont buy it myself i have nothing agains those who do, unless that is if they use it as a reason to belittle those who cant buy it.

as an ex resident of honeybourne i also have nothing against most of the people that live around the cotswolds catchment, and class issue? me?? hahaha!! ripe one that :lol:

i will say nothing about the gay jibe except to say that that also shows how intolerant you are of folk who dont conform to your standards, not that i could be called gay if you took the time to know me, but still i wont miss that one :wink:

kudos to you for working hard to provide for your boy, that at least gets you a modicum of respect from me.

to put your mind at rest about a remark in your next post, yes i am better off than you, much better off in fact and i can say that without needing to know how much you earn, not that it means owt or anything but that comes from a lifetime spent working very hard and not buying expensive gear just cos it looks the bee's as i think it will be better that my kids get to benefit fully from my life than someone who already has a lot making more from me.

where was i???

ah yes!! tea time.

Bye!!

It's not going downhill,mate. I think it's been as busy as it been for a long time. There are around 5/6 of theses spats every year. There's only two Mods that posts regularly now,but I'm sure the others look in regularly..... they normally step in when it gets too tasty.

It's not going downhill,mate. I think it's been as busy as it been for a long time. There are around 5/6 of theses spats every year. There's only two Mods that posts regularly now,but I'm sure the others look in regularly..... they normally step in when it gets too tasty.

Its not nasty, childish, imagine someone new reading this rubbish

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk