syndicates in the south east?

hey guys,

its finally time for me to make the jump from day tickets to a syndicate. my current lake, ive fished for 5 years is getting over crowded and is attracting the type of people id normally try to avoid. to be completely honest i have no idea where to start when it comes to a syndicate. ive been on google but cant find what im looking for, most of the best advice ive got for anything carpy has come from here so why not ask you bunch of noddy`s  :wink:

im based in kingston upon thames, i know there is a syndy very close to me, used to be called winnie hill, its now caleed barwell (something) but ive heard its impossible to get onto. im after something thats as close as possible but obviously has to tick a few boxes.

preferable counties:

surrey

west sussex

east sussex

hampshire

willing to go further for something a bit special.

preferable lake features:

any size, im use to smaller lakes so something a bit bigger could be interesting

ideally some basic facilities, toilet being the least.

something that doesnt have a huuuuuuge waiting list, id like to get on there early next year, maybe earlier

its got to have a few lumps, im no big fish chaser but a couple of 40`s would be something to aim for.

price wise..........something that wont get my missus asking for a divorce out but for the right lake im willing to risk it  :P

and thats it really. im having a hard time finding anything that ticks the above boxes so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by keeno86

Have you considered club waters? I can think of two I've heard mentioned in Surrey that I believe have decent waters and at a fraction of what you'd pay and most likely no waiting list.

Farnham and Godalming as a start.

You could then get your name down on some syndicates you really fancy.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Have you considered club waters? I can think of two I've heard mentioned in Surrey that I believe have decent waters and at a fraction of what you'd pay and most likely no waiting list.

Farnham and Godalming as a start.

You could then get your name down on some syndicates you really fancy.

thanks for the info androoooo, i havent ever looked at club waters. ive just had a quick glance at the 2 mentioned. is there any limit to the amount of members for these types of clubs. the price seems very good but that worries me a little as im trying to get away from crowded waters.

Just out of interest is there a reason you have discounted Essex......the place is full of lakes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

essex is a big old place. if its close to the surrey end of essex id defo be interested. traffic can be a nightmare from this end and with work hours id be guaranteed to hit rush hour traffic on a friday for a weekend session.

To be honest I don't know about those. You'll probably have to do some research.

If you can walk onto a syndicate, I'd imagine either it will be massively over subscribed or not much good as people will keep their tickets.

The local club to home has a number of waters and some are mega busy whilst others it can be just you on it.

Quite often whilst they may have high membership numbers, a lot may just be pleasure fishermen who only fish a few hours here and there.

Essex wise, look at Lee or Lea Valley fisheries, they are pretty much in a line along the Lea Valley into London.

the lakes there look spot on. i noticed there are a few season tickets available on a few lakes. are the lakes there ever fully booked, is there a chance of buying a ticket and turning up to a full lake?

the lakes there look spot on. i noticed there are a few season tickets available on a few lakes. are the lakes there ever fully booked, is there a chance of buying a ticket and turning up to a full lake?

You might find Brackens is full, but never the Lagoons on Nazeing.

North Met, maybe.

Glen Faba, impossible

ive just been on google earth, its not to far, got a few lakes available. i think i may have just found a new home :P

many thanks Nick!

Which day ticket have you been fishing?You're that close to me we should arrange a social. :)

If you're Kingston way, try looking at silver mere golf club. They have a lake of a few acres which is syndicated, but is next to a road. There's also Walton angling society. They have rights to painshill park in Cobham and one other water.

Both of those have decent fish in from what I've heard. As for Barwell lake, from what I've heard, even if you get your name down, unless you know a member and get an invite to try out, you'll never get on there. Andy in Surbiton angling might be able to get you the contact for there if you want to try.

Have you looked at the Colne valley?

Which day ticket have you been fishing?You're that close to me we should arrange a social. :)

If you're Kingston way, try looking at silver mere golf club. They have a lake of a few acres which is syndicated, but is next to a road. There's also Walton angling society. They have rights to painshill park in Cobham and one other water.

Both of those have decent fish in from what I've heard. As for Barwell lake, from what I've heard, even if you get your name down, unless you know a member and get an invite to try out, you'll never get on there. Andy in Surbiton angling might be able to get you the contact for there if you want to try.

im actually in kingston, new malden. ive had a look at silver mere, if i remember rightly its £650 per year plus a £50 entrance fee, i want to start fishing a couple of nights per week so the entrance fee will soon add up and with the initial membership its a little steep over the year. ill check out the others you mentioned though. the barwell info you have heard is the same as ive heard, apparently its hardly fished as well, same old fellas just dont want to give up their tickets. i know a fella who had tickets for it a few years back when it was winnie hill, he stopped fishing as it had a few 30`s but they just were not gaining any weight due to the lack of bait going in. shame considering the slim pickings as far as lakes go around here.

I've just checked their fishing brochure. https://www.silvermere-golf.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Silvermere-Fishing-Brochure-2015_16.pdf It's last years, but it's saying £225 for the June to March opening times they have.

If you're looking at Walton angling club, Painshill Park has a lot of weed. There are apparently some nice fish in there, but it's not an easy water.

It's a shame about the Barwell Lake. Sounds like the current syndicate leadership are keeping as a clique. I'd love to find out who runs the waiting list and get on there as a start.

I've just checked their fishing brochure. https://www.silvermere-golf.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Silvermere-Fishing-Brochure-2015_16.pdf It's last years, but it's saying £225 for the June to March opening times they have.

If you're looking at Walton angling club, Painshill Park has a lot of weed. There are apparently some nice fish in there, but it's not an easy water.

It's a shame about the Barwell Lake. Sounds like the current syndicate leadership are keeping as a clique. I'd love to find out who runs the waiting list and get on there as a start.

i must have been confusing silvermere with somewhere else price wise. ill send an email and see about the waiting list. it is a shame mate, my brother got offered a ticket a few years back but turnt it down like a doughnut. im gonna check out walton now. after chatting with nick and some reading online i do think that lea valley is the place for me tbh. 

Home to some of the best syndicates in the country.

preferable counties:

surrey

Again, lots and lots of the highest quality syndis round that way.

A couple of hours on google and you'll have a list of syndis as long as my arm from those two areas alone fella. Some really special, historic waters down there.

When you say you're looking at fishing a few nights a week, do you mean between overnight and into work the next day?

If you do and you'll only have the night on the bank, I'd seriously think about what that would be like with the probably hour and a half to 2 hour drive you'd have each way. Getting out of North London of an evening is horrific.

I did a bit of it last year and have been doing it this year, with a venue 15 minutes from work and it can still be challenging due to the limited time, first to find the fish, set up and get the bivvy etc sorted.

I'm not knocking you, as a lot of people make excuses on why they can't go but if that's part of your plan, I'd try it if you haven't already on a few local waters and see how you go and whether you'd be happy doing the same with the extra time involved with travelling to the Lee Valley.

When you say you're looking at fishing a few nights a week, do you mean between overnight and into work the next day?

If you do and you'll only have the night on the bank, I'd seriously think about what that would be like with the probably hour and a half to 2 hour drive you'd have each way. Getting out of North London of an evening is horrific.

I did a bit of it last year and have been doing it this year, with a venue 15 minutes from work and it can still be challenging due to the limited time, first to find the fish, set up and get the bivvy etc sorted.

I'm not knocking you, as a lot of people make excuses on why they can't go but if that's part of your plan, I'd try it if you haven't already on a few local waters and see how you go and whether you'd be happy doing the same with the extra time involved with travelling to the Lee Valley.

luckily i work for myself, and due to the nature of my work i can leave at any time to avoid rush hour traffic. id still be doing weekends, but hopefully leave on a friday morning or even a thursday night. a few nights a week may be a tad ambitious, more likely a weekend every 2 weeks. but having the option of just going when i feel like it and only paying a small fee once a year will make that more likely.

luckily i work for myself, and due to the nature of my work i can leave at any time to avoid rush hour traffic. id still be doing weekends, but hopefully leave on a friday morning or even a thursday night. a few nights a week may be a tad ambitious, more likely a weekend every 2 weeks. but having the option of just going when i feel like it and only paying a small fee once a year will make that more likely.

You actually echo some of my thoughts.

I have the day ticket Suffolk Water Park on my doorstep, but at over £20 a night it is very expensive compared to my season ticket water, which is £160'ish a year. I prefer to travel into Essex for most of my fishing, and even on a Friday night have always been able to get a good swim. Even with the petrol cost it works out cheaper than fishing SWP for more than 20nights a year! I manage to leave work at around 6 and am usually at the venue by around 7.30, which is a 75mile drive. I do have a pinch point, it's the single carriageway A120 from Marks Tey to Braintree, the rest is dualled or motorway apart from the last 5miles from Harlow.

Like you, it probably works out that I do a 2 weekends a month.

You actually echo some of my thoughts.

I have the day ticket Suffolk Water Park on my doorstep, but at over £20 a night it is very expensive compared to my season ticket water, which is £160'ish a year. I prefer to travel into Essex for most of my fishing, and even on a Friday night have always been able to get a good swim. Even with the petrol cost it works out cheaper than fishing SWP for more than 20nights a year! I manage to leave work at around 6 and am usually at the venue by around 7.30, which is a 75mile drive. I do have a pinch point, it's the single carriageway A120 from Marks Tey to Braintree, the rest is dualled or motorway apart from the last 5miles from Harlow.

Like you, it probably works out that I do a 2 weekends a month.

Have you ever tried going all the way down the a12 to the m25 and round that way? As a local I'd think it was quicker than across the a120 and down the m11

Have you ever tried going all the way down the a12 to the m25 and round that way? As a local I'd think it was quicker than across the a120 and down the m11

It's actually 10-15 minutes longer than A120 or if I know that's slow, the A414.

I honestly don't know why, as there is more motorway, but it is also a bit longer. I think what slows that down is the 2 junctions, and there were some roadworks around M11 junction.

The alternative which is again nearly as quick is A14 then M11!

It is only the A120 single carriageway that is slow.

I do usually check the traffic before I leave work, and keep travel news on as I'm driving

No worries :wink:

I'm always debating in my mind which is fastest.

The few times I have travelled M25 took longer so now I don't go there at all.

I've only once got caught out when there was an accident at that Witham/Maccyd's roundabout, and I was caught in a queue from Bradwell, but there is a little cut through that can avoid the worst.

Those roundabouts can actually be worse heading home.

Then if the A120 is slow I am happy to come back via Halstead