Scissors Sharpener?

ianain

If they are large enough, a kitchen knife and scissors sharpener, the swipe through ones, although I usually use a fine file, or just buy a new pair of braid blades.

My Gardner ones I have had for about 10 years have had the dubious pleasure of being used for cutting wire for traces, and still work for cutting fishing braids

Carp.com strikes again with a vast range of surprising ways and means :)

Foil and Wool, wow, who'd of thought to cut foil and wool to see if it would sharpen their cutting device :lol:

I was making some hobo stoves with the scouts out of drinks cans and noticed that it got easier to cut the cans with the scissors the more cans we had cut and how sharp the scissors were after.

Only looked it up after. [emoji1]

Edited by InteraX

I was making some hobo stoves with the scouts out of drinks cans and noticed that it got easier to cut the cans with the scissors the more cans we had cut and how sharp the scissors were after.

That's just brilliant :)

Buy some new ones. They only cost about £5 for christ's sake.

I've got around 8 pairs of scissors of various shapes and sizes strewn throughout my tackle in various bags and boxes used for where they're needed, it's the only way that I've found that I can reliably find a pair when I need them :oops::lol:

Being the tight wad that I am, (and will also hide under the tree that I hug) I begrudge coughing up £5 when I've already coughed up £5 for a pair of scissors that should be perfectly serviceable.

That said, the main reason I want to sharpen them is because even though I've got several pairs, it's always when you just want to snip a tag end or some such (especially braid) and the darn things won't cut it but hack it, with an on-bank sharpener I can rely on being able to sharpen the scissors and snip away to my hearts content :oops:

It's a shame that I don't drink fizzy drinks often as I would then have a good supply of sharpeners.

I've got around 8 pairs of scissors of various shapes and sizes strewn throughout my tackle in various bags and boxes used for where they're needed, it's the only way that I've found that I can reliably find a pair when I need them :oops::lol:

Being the tight wad that I am, (and will also hide under the tree that I hug) I begrudge coughing up £5 when I've already coughed up £5 for a pair of scissors that should be perfectly serviceable.

That said, the main reason I want to sharpen them is because even though I've got several pairs, it's always when you just want to snip a tag end or some such (especially braid) and the darn things won't cut it but hack it, with an on-bank sharpener I can rely on being able to sharpen the scissors and snip away to my hearts content :oops:

It's a shame that I don't drink fizzy drinks often as I would then have a good supply of sharpeners.

let me know when you are going out again Ian and i will pop over with a good supply of lager, i can get right royally schizzled and you can sharpen all your scissors on my leavings (just dont tell steve) drink_zpsfb7en6ht.jpgindexcry_zpsrxucexd6.jpg

Not sure on sharpeners. However, one tip I do have, is only use Braid scissors on braid. Have a second cheaper pair for everything else

I did try that for a while but ,when you cant find the rubbish ones (so to speak) i end up using the good ones.

let me know when you are going out again Ian and i will pop over with a good supply of lager, i can get right royally schizzled and you can sharpen all your scissors on my leavings (just dont tell steve) drink_zpsfb7en6ht.jpgindexcry_zpsrxucexd6.jpg

Should have seen that one :doh!:

Although thinking about it, I've walked around Boddington with the dogs a few times and seen plenty of scissor sharpeners :evil: