Aviary .

newmarket

Anyone keep birds ?

I have some quail chicks mostly Chinese , the odd Japanese , that are going to need homes shortly .

They are really good at cleaning the floor of the aviary , tidying up seeds etc dropped by other birds and the eggs are quite tasty/useful too.

If anyone is interested PM me , also if anyone would like to swap for some of your birds or finches gis a shout :wink:

Soon as i've switched over to tapatalk i'll stick a couple of pics up :wink:

aa5a760c151d064f9d94654fd24793a5.jpg12622e6043c06766a272e47efa77a5e9.jpg886ff8b3a15dcddc5f70e16b61a99620.jpgc8ecc4ddd52facd9d36048c4c08d7d72.jpg

Edited by newmarket

My sons mother just likes birds . Theres 6 Chucks & 1 Bantam ( the other one died ) , so lots of eggs for Boilies lol , a home made Aviary which has pairs of Canaries , Diamond Doves , Java Sparrows , and Quail both Jap and Chinese .

The quail eggs are nice but you need a lot of them for a decent Scrambled eggs on toast :)

At the moment she is hatching the eggs with 3 incubators at various stages of development , new batches hatching weekly .

Thats without the damned Rabbits , including a young un that i've had to hand feed because the mother trampled on , and killed his 7 siblings blessim his names Tarquin fin tim lim bim bim bus stop f'tangf'tang ole biscuit barrel :) :) :)

Edited by newmarket

That's cute! You've got a right old Farm going there Nm.

I prefer to call it a menagerie Dan ......and people wonder why i dont get to go fishing ffs :)

A young fella came round with his kids yesterday to pick some quail .

Had nothing to put 'em in , nothing for 'em to eat and nothing to put their drinking water in .

Whats the matter with these people ? :(

Hello NM

What about a Cockerel , you old Iron ?  :P .

I think I had a rabbit like your Tarquin ; it was supposed to be a Lop Eared Dwarf , but it grew , and grew , and grew a bit more ., and by then we didn't want to take him back to the pet shop . He was very interested in the lady Guinea Pig when she was in season , but most of the time they lived together quite happily . 

Hello NM

What about a Cockerel , you old Iron ? :P .

I think I had a rabbit like your Tarquin ; it was supposed to be a Lop Eared Dwarf , but it grew , and grew , and grew a bit more ., and by then we didn't want to take him back to the pet shop . He was very interested in the lady Guinea Pig when she was in season , but most of the time they lived together quite happily .

evening Cru , hows it 'anging ? :)

Cockerels mate :wink: no Spuds jokes today mate , well maybe a little one .

All the Chickens were hatched from eggs in an incubator and amongst them there were 4 hens .

And 8 bloomin' Cockerels .....

The Hens got added to the existing Chucks & Bantams and when it became Apparent that they were boys they earned a little trip to Albert Pierrepoint or at least the Chicken equivalent :wink:

Tarquin , yeah he's a Lop Eared something or other , one up one down at the moment lol , when i was hand feeding him Goats Milk nearly all his hair fell out .

Although Goats milk is close it still lacks some of the good stuff that is in the Doe's milk and he ended up as bald as a Badger save for his ears and feet , he looked like one of those Shaven Poodles for a few days .

Growing back now though .

Have 2 more baby bunnies as well but they are still with Mum .

Glad your Mrs has a GSOH .... Spose she has to living with a Football Delusional :) :) :)

Edited by newmarket

Are you breeding lizards as well?

Is Lizard tail stock like chicken stock?

Lizards grow their tails back don't they?

Hmm may be a good bait.

Nah HE breeds em lol as for growing theit tails back , i hear Sloworms do that .

We used to keep Bearded Dragons :)

Its trye , i may have even posted a pic on the Pets thread . Cant remember now .

Damned Canary laid an egg in its food bowl and i never saw it under the husks till it was too late . Yuk :)