Night fishing venue in Essex

I used to fish Cuttens a lot years ago on the specimen 1 lake and trust me it was not an easy lake but from people I spoke to I know that are some very good fish in the lake with fish of 30lb+ And a possible 40lb fish in the lake but the biggest carp I caught was 18.5lb however someone I used to fish with had carp too 28lb but as I said the lake was never an easy one to catch from,the complex also has two other lakes one is the match lake and the other is specimen 2 which by all accounts is a runs water!!! However I done a day on specimen 2 a couple of months ago and blanked but I did forget my Cell freezer bait and was forced to buy some shelf life boilies which I'm never very confident with myself so for me that was the reason i struggled and also it was the first time I had fished the specimen 2 lake.

While I was there I spoke to the owner Neal who is always forthcoming with tactics,bait and any other info you may require and he told me that he had put another 100 carp into specimen1 since I'd last fished there and so it's not as hard as it used to be but then again he would probably say that but I will definitely be giving it another crack very soon as its a great looking lake,some people say the A12 is very noisy but to be honest after about an hour or so you don't even notice it,also there is a tackle shop on site which can be very handy when you forget your freezer bait like I did

http://www.a12lakes.co.uk

Seems like i was wrong Dan , mind you it must be 6 years since i fished there .

Maybe there was the one Speci lake which has been split into two ?

Either way there was a nice lake at Hatfield Peveral which i er, visited , a few times shall we say which was much nicer .

And quieter :):wink:

It did used to be one lake a very long time ago,over 10 years ago if memory serves me right,but as stated in my earlier post there are 3 lakes,specimen1 at the far end,specimen2 which is the middle lake and the match lake which is the 1st lake you see as you drive in which is on your right a very well looked after fishery by the owner Neal.

Edited by Essex carper!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well I done my session on the lake (cutons speci 1) and yet again I blanked, a couple of my friends had a carp each but that was it I'm starting to think it's the way I'm fishing as I guy opposite my swim who was fishing into a bay who had done the previous 36 hrs and Had 14 fish and the biggest being 30lb 1oz which he caught while I was there and the other thing I found out was that there have been some large catches in the last few months (when I say large catches I mean people catching more than 15 fish in a session) however they blow hot and cold one week lots of fish and the next they go off the feed so can be a bit hit and miss,incredibly I always usually use frozen cell but this time I decided to give Urban baits Nutcracker a go as I had read some good catch reports about it and can you believe it I found out that a lot of the multiple catches have come on frozen cell that's just my luck but there you go,I'm going to give the lake another go at some point as I'm determined to catch the little [censored]s lol.

Keep at it mate, are you sure it's not location?

That's what I would of said too.

If the fish are not where you are you can't catch them.

Don't beat yourself up about it , it happens, how many times have we all been fishing and only one of your 3 rods produces all the fish even though you have another rod close to it on the same bait.

I have had mixed feedback from Cuton lakes. A lad was fishing the lagoons this weekend and said that he has stopped fishing Cuton as its getting a bit cute and he's been blanking plenty. I have a feeling it may be lack of experience and knowledge of the water but...

Have you thought of Fennes Fisheries near Braintree?

I haven't been round there for ages, but it may be worth a look

http://www.fennes-fisheries.co.uk/fisheries

Not too chuffed with barbel in there, but for other species may be worth a look

• 6 months later...

Hey Newmarket thanks for the recommendation for dawnsvale was browsing the net and found this thread.

Had a couple of guys bring their kids over the weekend the carps were sunbathing the kids faces were an absolute picture they just stood there with their mouths open probably a sight they will always remember.

The lake is fishing really well 2 guys Saturday night had 40 fish between them.

Mikey I hope you found somewhere to take the youngster close to you if not you are more than welcome to bring him over. 

Hey Newmarket thanks for the recommendation for dawnsvale was browsing the net and found this thread.

Had a couple of guys bring their kids over the weekend the carps were sunbathing the kids faces were an absolute picture they just stood there with their mouths open probably a sight they will always remember.

The lake is fishing really well 2 guys Saturday night had 40 fish between them.

Mikey I hope you found somewhere to take the youngster close to you if not you are more than welcome to bring him over.

No probs Dawn I'm glad to see Dawnsvale is still thriving , I hope you remember me , my names Tim and I came and fished a few times not long after you transformed the place and I hope to get back over there at some time in the future .

Did that huge Ghostie ever grace the bank ? I remember the bounty you put on it :):wink:

Nah the Ghosties are still tormenting, had a guy fish last week who was one of the first to tell me about them they were cruising past him as per, still got the challenge on tho first one to land one gets a years free fishing  :lol:

Pretty sure I do remember you be good to see you back. This weekend has been booked for a Birthday bash they come every year and just love the place.

Nah the Ghosties are still tormenting, had a guy fish last week who was one of the first to tell me about them they were cruising past him as per, still got the challenge on tho first one to land one gets a years free fishing :lol:

Pretty sure I do remember you be good to see you back. This weekend has been booked for a Birthday bash they come every year and just love the place.

I've been off the radar for a while but once I get cracking again I hope to be over and I'll see if I can drag a couple of the lads from the forum over there with me as its an ideal place for a small social and I've recommended it to enough of em :)

If you can Dawn , can you pm me a costing for hiring the whole lake for 48 & 72 hr stints please :wink:

Edited by newmarket

I've been off the radar for a while but once I get cracking again I hope to be over and I'll see if I can drag a couple of the lads from the forum over there with me as its an ideal place for a small social and I've recommended it to enough of em :)

If you can Dawn , can you pm me a costing for hiring the whole lake for 48 & 72 hr stints please :wink:

:P