Molasses How do you use it?

With it being so thick, could i apply to pellets and let dry? would the pellets keep shape rather then turning to mush? These are just course pellets i get cheap that can do with a boost.

I've never used it on pellets but gut feel is that they would still break down.

Try it on a few and see what happens.

With it being so thick, could i apply to pellets and let dry? would the pellets keep shape rather then turning to mush? These are just course pellets i get cheap that can do with a boost.

Ginger try this to pep up your pellets. Take a good strong bag, 1kg of pellets, mix 20ml molasses in a bottle with 80ml warm water, shake to mix liquids, add to bag. Blow up the bag and shake to coat all the pellets, keep shaking and the sides of the bag should go clear again.

Use within a couple of days or freeze. (Works really well with mixers! :wink:

Edited by mooseman

Ginger try this to pep up your pellets. Take a good strong bag, 1kg of pellets, mix 20ml molasses in a bottle with 80ml warm water, shake to mix liquids, add to bag. Blow up the bag and shake to coat all the pellets, keep shaking and the sides of the bag should go clear again.

Use within a couple of days or freeze. (Works really well with mixers! :wink:

Ssshhh!

• 1 month later...

Might sound daft this but....

I'm looking for a bit of a bulk buy deal on molasses but seem to see molasses for horses all over! Is this the same stuff?

Confusled :/

Yep . Farm shop it about to yourself :)

• 4 years later...

Just reviving an old topic here rather than starting a new one...if adding molasses to a general particle/groundbait mix is there any rules about quantities? Ideally I've got a mix of prepped birdseed and sweetcorn and want to be able to use it in pva bags without them melting on the bank!!

I'm well pleased that this thread has been resurrected as it's triggered a though which may be a benefit when I fish Lac du Menhir in France this July. I've never fished there before so, other than what I've gleaned from the internet, I'll be going in blind. My thinking is that something as attractive to carp as molasses has to be at least an enhancement, possibly a game changer.

Following my internet research of the water it seems that boilies and particle mix are the only baits/attractors mentioned. They're certainly the only things available at the fishery. I shall definately be taking molasses with me. Am I dreaming?

Ian.

On 04/03/2020 at 09:13, yonny said:

No mate. You can't really overdo it. 

17 hours ago, welder said:

I'm well pleased that this thread has been resurrected as it's triggered a though which may be a benefit when I fish Lac du Menhir in France this July. I've never fished there before so, other than what I've gleaned from the internet, I'll be going in blind. My thinking is that something as attractive to carp as molasses has to be at least an enhancement, possibly a game changer.

Following my internet research of the water it seems that boilies and particle mix are the only baits/attractors mentioned. They're certainly the only things available at the fishery. I shall definately be taking molasses with me. Am I dreaming?

Ian.

Sounds like a good idea Ian, molasses has been well used in fishing for years and seems to work really well. It's cheap, pva friendly when needed and can be used in so many different ways. I'd say go for it, no harm done especially if it's not an overused flavour