silicone rig tube

frogy

Hi guys a friend of mine uses this to cover the knots on his hair rigs and on the hook shank to hold the hair and I want to order some to do the same job but don't know what size internal diameter to get. The tubing im looking at has a selection of internal diameters between 0.5 - 3mm. Could someone please recommend a size to get?.

Thank you.

typical overuse of buzz words to get as many hits as poss lol.

the way to tell the difference for the uninitiated is the size, shrink tube typically comes in aprox 50mm lengths of varying diameters in a card backed bubble like such,,

Tackleukcouk_gfsd7g897rsg_zpscec8baa5.pn

and silicone rig tube in 2.5 - 3 mtr lengths like this

Tackleukcouk_1270028484_flexi_anchor_tub

please note, i do not in any way endorse ESP products, the use of such was purely incidental (tho they do have some REALLY cracking stuff out there) :lol:

typical overuse of buzz words to get as many hits as poss lol.

the way to tell the difference for the uninitiated is the size, shrink tube typically comes in aprox 50mm lengths of varying diameters in a card backed bubble like such,,

Tackleukcouk_gfsd7g897rsg_zpscec8baa5.pn

and silicone rig tube in 2.5 - 3 mtr lengths like this

Tackleukcouk_1270028484_flexi_anchor_tub

please note, i do not in any way endorse ESP products, the use of such was purely incidental (tho they do have some REALLY cracking stuff out there) :lol:

I'm pleased that you aren't endorsing the entirely splendid range of products offered by ESP.

In any way. At all.

Ian

Silicone tubing, I managed to get a large amount in olive green and clear from Mo's co before he disappeared, and as of yet, don't need to get anymore.

As for shrink tubing, I don't get that from a tackle shop, I go to Maplins and look carefully at the sizes before I purchase what I want. I say that, cos I can't remember what sizes they do, but know it is usually the smallest available that I want.

I don't care that along its length it does have some white writing or printing, cos while the carp are busy trying to squint and read what it says, they are also sucking my bait into their mouth :lol::wink:

Just to say that i watched one of their auctions on the bay this evening .

8m tube of pva mesh , double ended plunger + 35 metre refill went for £4.20 plus a bit of postage .

please tell me im not being thick here tim, what is the shop name on the bay as a search for pva products don't turn them up and i have just searched 350 hits for that search term to no avail :cry: :cry:

I believe the silicon tubing is now sorted :wink:

As an aside, someone asked what to store it in, on another thread, so I have mergeed the 2 threads together :lol::wink:

Short lengths go nicely into old hook packets, the ones with the flap to keep the hooks in. Longer lengths I keep coiled up in a small plastic tub, think it must be around 75mm diameter tub