Swan syndicate Hatfield peverel

5.5 acres , 100 carp between 20lb and 40lb and they still have membership available according to their website .

But then thats the first place you will have looked.

Looks a good un on the face of it .

VERY rare to find an essex syndicate trying to attract members so i expect there will be a catch :)

If its what the website says it is , if it was local to me and i had £300 for the midweek ticket then i'd be in there like poo through a goose .

But is it ?

Well the more i look at the website for this syndi the more i like the look of it .

My membership on my day ticket water in dagenham has ran out and a family member has offered to help me out raising the dosh to renew but now that i've moved house , this swan gaff is probably as near so im thinking for the extra long 'un a midweek ticket for this place is now an option .

Any essex lads know ANYTHING about the place ? Gaz , you know anything ?

As i said i've had a good butchers at their website and google earth and it seems to good to be true :)

I had a walk round it a couple of weeks ago and it's a lovely looking lake. The bailiff was very honest and said it used to have 4 40s but 2 were nicked (seen on CCTV) 1 died and the other lost weight. It now has around 100 fish from 18 up to 37 I think. The lake is being netted to remove some of the silver fish this week I think (maybe last week) and they will be adding more carp in the coming months. I'm very tempted to join myself.

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen the comments on the other forum and there was a fish kill.

If you go to lakeland fisheries.co.uk and go to syndicate lake facts it tells you all about it. I joined c.a.p.s for this season before I saw this place and if I hadn't already committed to this would definitely join lakelands.

Having said that I'm still seriously considering giving it a go as well. !!!

I might try and go for another walk round this weekend to help make my mind up.

• 8 months later...

Hi, I am a bailiff at Lakelands and may have been the person who talked to you at the lake. The syndicate lake is now well under way to being back to its best and there have been some great catches this year see web site photos. We have been carrying out a lot of work this year fitting otter fences (near by lakes had visits and one was seen in one of our match lakes) improving swims a foot paths. As you know this lake is very beautiful, quiet, has little risk of equipment being stolen like some other venues as you are locked in at night and there is full C.C.T.V coverage.

We have introduced a number of small fish (15 in 2010 & 20 in 2014) all fast growing fish and you will see two of them in the pictures section. Please note that we have tried to only show individual fish in the photo section to save duplications.

The lake is weedy in some swims during the warmer months and this is not a runs lake but does have its days. 2015 only has a couple of tickets left already and the owner wants to cap this to 25 tickets in total though we may add some winter tickets. The lake is his back garden and he has considered closing it completely for that reason, the preferred option was to get a small number of regular anglers.

As for the fish kill we lost 21 fish in 2011/12, most fisheries suffered the same or worse with some of the big companies losing a number of the biggest fish. We lost a number of low 20's and two at 28lb and the same number of fish were replaced that winter at 20lb each.

There is no catch to this lake, it is as you see and returning members always get first choice to come back with a reduced membership.

Hope to see you on the bank.

Colin

I didn't join in the end. I ended up somewhere closer to home as I do a lot of quick over nighters.

If it was closer I would jump on it. I'm trying to find somewhere for next season at the moment and struggling to find anywhere.

Can anyone recommend somewhere close to Romford up to around the £400 mark?

Its £200 a year , or £20 for 24hrs .

Plenty of 20's in the back lake and a couple of 30's for sure maybe more .

Front lake is harder , weedy in places lotsa features lotsa 20's & 30's biggest i've seen out 39lb+ it'll do a 40 this year if it hasnt already.

Bailiffs are good fellas and its as safe as houses , anything you may have heard otherwise is rubbish , it had a dodgy reputation ( pikeys) a few years ago but thats not an issue now .

It can get busy at weekends but during the week its empty even in summer and they have an excellent website although some of it hasnt been updated for a while so the fish are now considerably bigger than stated .

Have a butchers i recommend it .

http://www.bardag.com

• 3 years later...
4 hours ago, spr1985 said:

As of the 1st of June this lake will be a members only/club lake. 

B831D81E-1DE3-4F7B-8D07-93898A3F514D.png

You thinking about it mate? Nice and local...….. Can't work out whether it's an extra £250 for nights or £250 all in...…. Might have a walk round and find out.... It did some big fish a few years back, so is capable of producing one or two again imo, depending on how many are in there now.

I only posted it up as I randomly came across the thread on here mate and thought some may find the info useful,  after a phone call this afternoon it’s highly unlikely that I would give them my money. 

As for the costs i think they are a little high so I would hope that the £250 is an all in 24/7 365 price 

Edited by spr1985

1 hour ago, spr1985 said:

I only posted it up as I randomly came across the thread on here mate and thought some may find the info useful,  after a phone call this afternoon it’s highly unlikely that I would give them my money. 

As for the costs i think they are a little high so I would hope that the £250 is an all in 24/7 365 price 

Hi Spr

That's thoughtful of you to post the info. , but don't leave us hanging dude ! ; why won't you be giving Lakeland your money ? .

A p.m. would be gratefully received if you prefer .

😊

Nothing to do with the fishery itself.

i just don’t take to kindly to someone that doesn’t know me (the lady at the end of the phone) commenting on my parenting and telling me that it’s irresponsible to take my three year old daughter to the lake with me. 

What she is un aware of is that that three year old probably has more sense around water than the clientele that where supping Stella the last time I walked round the lake. The same three year old that regularly walks the river with me and comes out in a canoe with me and happens to enjoy watching daddy fishing. Their loss not mine 🤣 I have plenty of places to fish on my doorstep 

Edited by spr1985

So have fished this lake a bit as a day ticket water as recently as the beast from the east.

Im a bit gutted its becoming a club ticket as i mainly go there when my water is spawning or rammed. The lake itself it lovely, The fish in there are in great condition.

Its owned by a match angler so theres loads of F1's and smaller carp in there however there are a few chunks in there 30lb+, i have had a few 28lb. The fish are in great condition.

I wont be getting a ticket as i pay £160 for CAPS and i still have target waters on there to finish however i did really consider it...and still am depending on my mood. I do think £250 is a bit steep.

Never met the woman, But i have met the owner and the baliff "lofty" who is a nice enough bloke.

14 hours ago, spr1985 said:

i just don’t take to kindly to someone that doesn’t know me (the lady at the end of the phone) commenting on my parenting and telling me that it’s irresponsible to take my three year old daughter to the lake with me. 

That is ridiculous mate, it would certainly offend me too.