Swan syndicate Hatfield peverel

12 minutes ago, spr1985 said:

Glad I’m not the only one then......I was thinking I might be highly strung for a minute 🤣😂

Thanks very much for the explanation as to why you wouldn't be giving Lakeland your money , Spr .

Yonny beat me to it , you're not being oversensitive Spr , from your posts I can understand that you are a very proud , proactive Dad .

Perhaps , maybe , the lady was making a sweeping generalisation , lumping you in with irresponsible parents worried that if anything happened to your Daughter you would then sue the pants off of Lakeland .

😃 

On 22 May 2018 at 23:54, spr1985 said:

Nothing to do with the fishery itself.

i just don’t take to kindly to someone that doesn’t know me (the lady at the end of the phone) commenting on my parenting and telling me that it’s irresponsible to take my three year old daughter to the lake with me. 

What she is un aware of is that that three year old probably has more sense around water than the clientele that where supping Stella the last time I walked round the lake. The same three year old that regularly walks the river with me and comes out in a canoe with me and happens to enjoy watching daddy fishing. Their loss not mine 🤣 I have plenty of places to fish on my doorstep 

That would get me going off on one.

My eldest daughter was coming with me from the time she could run, and coming in a dinghy.

My youngest daughter while not on the dinghy fishing front has been fishing herself, as has my son since he was that age.

Shame about having F1's in there, a bred modification designed to please match anglers, and can be a pain to carp anglers, and that price is miles too high for what it is, especially since there are other waters in the area on club books with higher quality fish. 

In fact, found this, spinning with a multiplier, she was 4

image.jpeg

4 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

That would get me going off on one.

My eldest daughter was coming with me from the time she could run, and coming in a dinghy.

My youngest daughter while not on the dinghy fishing front has been fishing herself, as has my son since he was that age.

Shame about having F1's in there, a bred modification designed to please match anglers, and can be a pain to carp anglers, and that price is miles too high for what it is, especially since there are other waters in the area on club books with higher quality fish. 

In fact, found this, spinning with a multiplier, she was 4

image.jpeg

I  get exactly what you are saying mate, and I did nearly lose my rag but kept it under control and was “the bigger person” I kinda understand where she was coming from but on the same hand she should have asked questions regarding my daughters confidence and experience around water instead of just assuming. 

Both of my children have grown up around water my son was out in the canoe with me from about two and falling asleep in it at three 🤣😂

386726BB-23F2-46BF-8B29-2BA711BFC5DC.png

104C2284-E33C-4AE6-9A3C-07FD81F2AA54.jpeg

And my daughter comes down the river with me and to heybridge basin all the time  was sitting on the roof of a boat with me on lake Garda last year...... but nope  sitting under my brolly in Hatfield peverel  is obviously just to dangerous 🤣😂

had some pics of the above to upload but seems I have done my limit on uploads.

8 hours ago, spr1985 said:

I  get exactly what you are saying mate, and I did nearly lose my rag but kept it under control and was “the bigger person” I kinda understand where she was coming from but on the same hand she should have asked questions regarding my daughters confidence and experience around water instead of just assuming. 

Both of my children have grown up around water my son was out in the canoe with me from about two and falling asleep in it at three 🤣😂

386726BB-23F2-46BF-8B29-2BA711BFC5DC.png

104C2284-E33C-4AE6-9A3C-07FD81F2AA54.jpeg

My Wife's just said , " it's what kids should be exposed to , real Wind In The Willows stuff " .

Your Son must have his Mother's looks 😄 .

8 hours ago, spr1985 said:

And my daughter comes down the river with me and to heybridge basin all the time  was sitting on the roof of a boat with me on lake Garda last year...... but nope  sitting under my brolly in Hatfield peverel  is obviously just to dangerous 🤣😂

had some pics of the above to upload but seems I have done my limit on uploads.

Well Hatfield Peverel is in Essex , and I usually get stuck in a traffic jam there after the Boreham Interchange 😡

2 hours ago, crusian said:

Your Son must have his Mother's look😄  .

lol 😂 thankfully not mate.....long story where she’s concerned one that I won’t go into but he’s definitely his fathers son.....him and his sister have different mums I’ll put a pic up and let you decide for yourself 

2 hours ago, crusian said:

Well Hatfield Peverel is in Essex , and I usually get stuck in a traffic jam there after the Boreham Interchange 😡

Yeah I feel your pain.......I use the road all the time as I live in Witham.....I could show you a nice little route around that mess though 

1 hour ago, spr1985 said:

@crusian I forgot I said i was going to put a pic up of my two so you and the missus could decide on if my kids look like me or the two different mums......so just for fun here we go 

81AD218B-D434-416E-A26E-E75796AC568B.jpeg

Well my Wife says " once you have drawn a beard on your Daughter's face she's the dead spit of you " .

I think your Daughter possibly has your rounder face and cheekbones .

Did you have to bribe your Son to wear that t shirt ? .

😄

Edited by crusian
Thought of something else

• 4 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Ginger9991 said:

Turns out you have to be 12 and over to fish there........what a silly rule especially on a venue that has 2 match lakes and all 3 stocks full of silvers.

I can assure you that’s a new rule, as when I enquired and got the response that I did I searched the website for any such rule, but agreed absolutely ridiculous rule, although I can appreciate if it’s for insurance purposes/ stipulated in their policy then fair enough.....it was just the attitude and judgement that I frowned upon 

6 minutes ago, spr1985 said:

I can assure you that’s a new rule, as when I enquired and got the response that I did I searched the website for any such rule, but agreed absolutely ridiculous rule, although I can appreciate if it’s for insurance purposes/ stipulated in their policy then fair enough.....it was just the attitude and judgement that I frowned upon 

Yep completely agree mate. As I have said in previous posts I wasn’t going to join as much as I like the place. My mate has recently wanted to start fishing and to take his boy (5). So thought I would get a membership there and they can guest on my ticket as it’s a good place for beginners. But the 12 rule has killed that. 

1 hour ago, Ginger9991 said:

Yep completely agree mate. As I have said in previous posts I wasn’t going to join as much as I like the place. My mate has recently wanted to start fishing and to take his boy (5). So thought I would get a membership there and they can guest on my ticket as it’s a good place for beginners. But the 12 rule has killed that. 

Such a shame, aside from a few (in my opinion) silly rules it would be a fantastic fishery, and as you say good for taking beginners under supervision