Hooks for Chod rigs

jamestaylor

Fishing a lake which is quite silty and weedy in places, what in your opinion are the best hooks for a chod rig or a hinged stiff rig? Some large carp in the lake so would use maybe a size 6 hook with a 15mm bait? I use the Scopex Squid and make my own pop ups using the paste, what do you guys use for pop ups. Cheers fellas

an out turned eye is best when using stiff rigs, keeps the gap open better. size wise, i d go to a 4, so you got a could chance of getting it away or out of weed bed,6 would be as low as id go.

im using fox arma at the mo ,i think theyre called the SR their out turned version,though most companies do them,some called them chod hooks, but as long as it turns out its fine,you can tweak the shank of hook to get the effect if stuck, but id wouldnt want to risk it.

the hooks i use for my chods are atomic chodda hooks in size 6,or for a beaked point hook i use jrc mbt4 in size 4.ive used the latter hook all spring,dropping 1 fish out of 34 takes in a relatively weedy water.though i have heard these hooks are to be discontinued so if you want some get in there quickly

• 3 weeks later...