Chod rig leader?

andytuppen

Ok so I have recently STARTED using the chod rig. I used leadcore ( i know some people dont like it)- but now I dont want to use it anymore myself plus the fishery im going to soon doesnt allow it. So Ive had a look around and cant find anything on how you actually do it without leadcore I know you can get a flurocarbon leader? But which would you recommend? And how do the beads fit nicely onto it without slipping of or is it a question of putting the bead over some silicone tubing??

cheers lads! Dont really like the idea of tubing though. Is their anything else? Like a fly fishing type leader? Infact do you even need to use a leader? Also If i bought some 30lb fluoro and tied it onto my main line with a loop to loop would that work? But how would I keep the beads securely enough where they dont fall off but will do if required under pressure?

Andy

I've been using Seaguar Flouro in 45lb for my chods for a while. Happy with the results TBH. I've been using around 15ft of it and using it as a casting leader too. Give it a rub across your trousers (holding it very tight) to de-kink it, as its quite springy.

Connect it with Albright knot to your mainline; but make sure your top bead can slip over the knot.

'nigewoodcock' recently posted an alternative chod rig, complete with pics.

Planning to try it myself:

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=49425

Is there anything on this that is of use?

A Leader free Silt/Helicopter set-up that I designed years ago :wink:

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=37603

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi mate use flourocarbon put a korda sinker onto line then a 4-5 mm rubber bead onto the sinker then your hook link then another sinker with another rubber bead leave about 4 inches apart then attach your lead to the end of the line with a rubber sleeve covering the swivel i normally have the hook link about 18 -24 inches away from the lead the weight of the sinkers should keep the boilie down if not use a bit of rig putty on the top of the swivel on your hook length