Is it just spin or is it....

I have never been here so I cannot speak from expieriance but having looked at their website carefully I can only say I think your mixing up the words spin and slick.

The site has more info on it than almost any site I have ever looked at,it has a very comprehensive F.A.Q. section and a lot of very good testimonials.Personaly I would hae no hesitation in going to fish there.

I think you are doing the place an injustice to ask "if it's a lot of spin"?

It impressed me enough to book a weekend on there. Sometime in May, i think...

I got the impression that it's not run as a money making scheme. The owners seem to have the best interests of the fish at heart. A rare commodity these days.

I did not mean this in any bad way so I am sorry if anyone thinks I am.... It's just that you can make anything look and sound good on the internet and I just wanna know what pplz who have been there think of it...

A good point, well made. The Internet can be informative and misleading in equal measures.

I'm one of the party who'll be fishing there with stoogi in May. You may be sure of an accurate appraisal of the venue upon our return.

I'm looking forward to fishing there, and to the company of those I'll be fishing with.

I feel that it's fair to say that the place has hardly been open long enough to have generated much feedback but await any further information with interest.

Ian

I did not mean this in any bad way so I am sorry if anyone thinks I am.... It's just that you can make anything look and sound good on the internet and I just wanna know what pplz who have been there think of it...

A good point, well made. The Internet can be informative and misleading in equal measures.

I'm one of the party who'll be fishing there with stoogi in May. You may be sure of an accurate appraisal of the venue upon our return.

I'm looking forward to fishing there, and to the company of those I'll be fishing with.

I feel that it's fair to say that the place has hardly been open long enough to have generated much feedback but await any further information with interest.

Ian

@ Willi I wasnt having a bash at you mate and what you say is fair comment but I would say that in the case of this particular fishery/website I think it's safe to say it is not a case of it being a hyped up "muddy puddle"

@ Ian,Good comment mate.I'm sure you will have a great time

Hiya all.. I have just been looking at the blakemere website and it looks very, very good there. Now has anyone here been there and if so, is it that good or have they just use alot of spin on the website to make it look better than what it is????

I went to Blakemere in late Jan it's a really beautiful place and seems well stocked with good quality fish, the guy who owns it made a point of coming to see me on the bank and asked me loads about how my day had been, he's also continually working on the place to make it better, I'm sure if you go you'll enjoy it I did! The swims are really well made up with plenty of room for bivvy etc and aren't muddy or waterlogged...what more can I say! :D

I'm one of the party who'll be fishing there with stoogi in May.

Ian

:

Not casting any views on any of the members that may be on that trip Ian,

but you do know that there is no alcohol allowed at the venue!!! :shock:

:shock::shock::shock::shock:

i know the venue and i know the owner i can vouch that it is worth a trip !!! i am booking several long trips for this year !

Well when you book up let me know coz I am up for it big time and by that time I will not have to go away coz this is my last job now. as soon as I am back I will be one of the jobless masses who will have time to go fishing. I can't wait

I'm one of the party who'll be fishing there with stoogi in May.

Ian

:

Not casting any views on any of the members that may be on that trip Ian,

but you do know that there is no alcohol allowed at the venue!!! :shock:

:shock::shock::shock::shock:

Neil, as you can imagine, that topic has been discussed amongst us. I conclude that it'll do us good to go without for a couple of nights.

Just not them nights. Possibly :wink:

Ian

• 2 months later...

Stoogi, Welder, Hopefull and myself fished blakemere at the weekend, and can only say its not spin :D the owners (David and Nic) run it fantastically, the fish are stunning, the swims are very well thought out and we will be going back for sure 8):D:lol:8)

Stoogi, Welder, Hopefull and myself fished blakemere at the weekend, and can only say its not spin :D the owners (David and Nic) run it fantastically, the fish are stunning, the swims are very well thought out and we will be going back for sure 8):D:lol:8)

What a cracking weekend in great surroundings and even better company.

To sit watching Red Kites, Kestrels and other assorted predatory birds plying their craft was worth the price of admission.

Hands up, I caught nothing. Andy52 had several good fish, all pristine and beautifully scaled. Stoogi and Hopefull had one each.

Over riding thought is that this is one lovely place to be. Second thought is that I shall be going back there, soonest.

Third thought is that I'm still in recovery from the sheer laughter involved in fishing with these people. :D

Blakemere? I commend it to you. There is no spin, please believe me.

Ian