Forgotten chapters, Gaz Fareham and friends

Guest Anonymous

Yeh seems a nice chap, although im not too sure about leaving your rods in the water while you go to a burger stand over a 100 yards away then leg it from the cue when you get a run. I'd say fair enough if you weren't on your own and your mates watching your rods or something, but thats taking the mick a bit.

• 1 month later...

You'd be surprised at the fish that have been caught over the years from rods thrown in the bushes and left out all night whilst their owners go home on day only waters; or go to the pub, or concerts.

Got to catch the fish- if you're a big name!

Back on topic...Might take a look at the book; I had been hanging my nose over it- some of the best articles and features I've ever read are by less known anglers.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have only just read this book, and I'm sad to say I was a bit disappointed.

I know it is a book about the captures of some big carp, and I know it is a compiled from writings of other anglers, but I felt a bit let down in most of the content.

And like others I felt the mention of some of the bad practices in fishing came up as well, which disturbed me. I know no angler is an angel, but don't big up your misbehaviour or excessive time you spend on the bank that caused your relationship with your girlfriend to break down.

I know that fishing is fishing, and we are coarse fishing, but I found some of the language from some of the writers a bit coarse itself. I do not need reminding of the swear words that there are in the English language. Also it kind of takes away from the being able to give it to the younger anglers of today as I would not give it to a carp angler under his teenage years because of that.

Also there were so many chapters on Yateley this, Yateley that, Heather, Arthur, Dustbin etc, that it felt too much.

However, as much as that disappointed me, I did enjoy Ritchie Macdonalds chapter on the Royal Park 40, and Martin Lockes chapter on catching Sally from Savay