MEADOWS FISHERY DRAYTON BASSET NR TAMWORTH

can anyone pm directions i would like to view it for the future.

The entrance is on the outskirts of Fazeley, opposite the Marina on the Birmingham-Fazeley Canal.

Keenook, the actual stock levels bear little semblance to what the Bailiff implies/states. There are some fish in there but not as many, or as large, as stated. The fact that it's only recently been opened means that it's not matured yet as a fishery and, in the opinion of a good friend of mine, and member of this forum, his money was wasted when he paid for the year. To say that he's disappointed is understating the case.

Ian

• 2 months later...

one of the back pools was netted today by 4 guys from rodbaston college, what a waste of time and money that was ! the bailiff reckons he seen a fair few 20's n 30's in there and when they finished netting it, all they had was a stickleback and half a paving slab !, DO NOT LISTEN TO A WORD THE BAILIFF SAYS, we were also told the water is closed for the month of march, because of this the bailiff said we were able to fish one of the other pools, with "big fish" in it, when i asked how come they werent netting that 1st they said "because of all the snags"..... So its ok to fish it with all the snag's in and possibly lose fish to said snags. ever heard the term "could'nt organise getting drunk in a brewery". That is well and truly the case here,

DO NOT JOIN THIS WATER.

the bailiff is able to fish any of these pits for free and chooses to go to earlswood reservoir, that alone says enuff.

last year there was blue/green algea ALL ROUND THE POOL, they got some fishery management lads down to sort it, they both knew that the owner and bailiff didn't have a clue, SO PUT AN AIR-A-TER IN THE POOL IN SEPTEMBER, AND STARTED PUMPING WATER OUT THE CANEL INTO THE POOL, this caused an unbelievable weed problem, how convenient for the fishery management lads had a "weed harvester", looks like they will be back in summer ! just 1 more thing to prove they havent got a clue,

THE POOL THEY NETTED TODAY WAS NEVER, YES NEVER, STOCKED WITH ANY FISH

anyone who says there happy with the water is blatently some kind of numpty, then again, they all seen the ad for it in quality baits, lmao

• 1 month later...

just found out we can only fish the back pool with "the big uns in it" if we renew our memberships for 210 quid, i would much rather have my 40 quid back please, oh and instead of taking half the stock out to grow them on, the bailiff has got the gaffer to spend 3 grand on 11 new fish, the bailiff reckons the 11 new fish go from 14lb to 21lb, so according to him there are now 1011 fish in the water, having done my last nite on there last friday, i'm convinced i saw an OTTER, and when they netted the back pool we saw a fish carcus to big to have been had by a heron, its fair to say that the bailiff has ruined the water all because he has not a clue on how to run a fishery, ah well, you live and learn, everydays a schoolday !

• 6 months later...