carp water in the midlands

anyone fished weston lawns nr cov? just had a look on the website and it looks good

Fished there a few years ago. Lots of single figure carp, lots of noise from the other pools & floodlights :shock:

It was cheap though.

Leighton Pool may suit you. It is weedy, but should be ok at this time of year.

I've only fished this place once- and its the worst fishery I've ever been to in 35 years of fishing. I wouldnt give the owners £1 of my money ever again.

I've only fished this place once- and its the worst fishery I've ever been to in 35 years of fishing. I wouldnt give the owners £1 of my money ever again.

Did you have anything on your one off session?

Did you have anything on your one off session?

I didn't have anything. I was there for three days and pulled off after the first night.

hi all,

im after a carp water in the midlands area, what im after is a lake no bigger than 5acres, not to weedy, good head of carp few 30s loads of 20s. if any one can help it would be much appreciated

i think you may be asking of a bit too much there mate. midlands is a bit of a blackspot for carp fishing, big carp fishing anyway. finding a water that size with hardly any weed, 30's and loads of 20's is next to impossible in this part of the country. if thats the fishing you want you need to be down south :( , good luck finding somewhere though, let me know if you do, iv been looking for one touching 7 year :cry:

Monument fishery shifnal shropshire

i no a lot of you dont like the place but its probaly one of the only waters in the midlands that matches your criteria although a little bit bigger at 9 acres and is expensive but it does hold a big head of 20`s and 30`s and a few 40`s. i smashed my pb there with a 32lb mirror not my ideal carp water but its got the fish in it.

Bishops bowl at Bishops Itchington (near southam) matches the criteria. Either the mitre pool, or blue pool should give what you are looking for. I have heard the Mitre pool is the more difficult (neither is easy) but there are good fish on them, predominently carp and Pike. Mitre is a deep, weedy water, the weed is not very long but does cover nearly all of the lake. I personally have never fished it for carp, although have piked on it a lot, and it does have weed all over that I have found. I think they have a website, or at least are on fisheries.co.uk

hi all,

im after a carp water in the midlands area, what im after is a lake no bigger than 5acres, not to weedy, good head of carp few 30s loads of 20s. if any one can help it would be much appreciated

i think you may be asking of a bit too much there mate. midlands is a bit of a blackspot for carp fishing, big carp fishing anyway. finding a water that size with hardly any weed, 30's and loads of 20's is next to impossible in this part of the country. if thats the fishing you want you need to be down south :( , good luck finding somewhere though, let me know if you do, iv been looking for one touching 7 year :cry:

Bluebell Lakes Fishery - Sandmartin Lake and Bluebell Lake have the stock your looking for. Sandmartin is also lightly fished - depends on what your prepared to pay?

Stacks of waters in Northants, Cambs and Notts you've not got to go down south at all :wink:

Hi mate. Someone from this site once told me if you do your homework and be polite you will find loads of waters in the midlands and how right he was. Here are a few that may suit you.

Catton Hall lake nr Lichfeild and Tamworth holds a good few thirties and loads of twentys the only down side is theres a long waiting list.They do have a website the last time i looked.

Fisherwick Lakes nr Lichfeild have a small speci lake with a good had of twentys however you pay your membership and to fish the nights for an addtional £2 charge only to wake up and find sillyborns fishing the lake as it is open to the day ticket angler. This place will do a thirty soon it proberbly already has one or two.

Lamb angling club in Tamworth have loads of waters with good heads of carp too.

Almost forgot Fostesr of birmingham have three waters 1 is at Middleton nr Tamworth the other penns hall at Walmley and 1 in Little Aston.

As for my syndicate i will keep that one to myself for now. At least until i have caught my target fish from this water she's a big old mirror thats proberbly 40plus at her peak. Only trouble is there's only around 40mint carp in eighteen acres