Belachan

iambunn

5 hours ago, emmcee said:

Add some marmite and premier baits fish goo to the belechan and you've got a flier mate. Put the marmite in the microwave for 20-30 seconds so it goes from a goo to a liquid, makes measuring it out easier. Also measure out your oil first (assuming you're using some, will help you rolling as the belechan can make the mix very sticky) then once oil is measured put the marmite and goo into the same measuring pot as it slides out easier with the pot having the oil in it first. Add this to the eggs and belechan in the blender and blitz. 

Yes its messy, yes it stinks but the fish love it. Been using that recipe for years now, me and my mates have rinced lakes with it. You'll also find a very similar recipe in Mike Wilmots first book. He rates it massively. 

ahhh i'll use more oil i reckon next time i thought my mix was extra sticky thanks for the tips mate they're much appreciated you ever dabbled with molasses?

46 minutes ago, pukkacarp said:

ahhh i'll use more oil i reckon next time i thought my mix was extra sticky thanks for the tips mate they're much appreciated you ever dabbled with molasses?

No I haven't used molasses.  Stick with that recipe and you'll be just fine. Well you might need spare batteries for your alarms Haha 

7 minutes ago, emmcee said:

You ever used it mate?

Yes mate - I use the Devils Dung & Cheese pop ups from Proper Job Pop Ups.

They're a liver/glm base with asafoetida EO, blue cheese flavour, and butyric acid (you can imagine what they smell like lol). I tend to use them over naturals and/or pellets rather than over boiled bait. Really good pop ups, stink to high heaven and silly buoyant. Caught loads on them.

11 minutes ago, yonny said:

Yes mate - I use the Devils Dung & Cheese pop ups from Proper Job Pop Ups.

They're a liver/glm base with asafoetida EO, blue cheese flavour, and butyric acid (you can imagine what they smell like lol). I tend to use them over naturals and/or pellets rather than over boiled bait. Really good pop ups, stink to high heaven and silly buoyant. Caught loads on them.

wow I'm holding my nose just thinking about the smell :)  

3 hours ago, dayvid said:

Scent from Hell no idea who makes it , hell that stinks, so much so the smell almost sticks to your nose  ,id sooner go home than have to use it .

I left a tub accidently open in my bag in the car the other week and left them in there for a day or so before I went back who needs a magic tree air freshener when you have scent from hell 

I had to leave the windows open for a while though  😂