South derbyshire new syndicate

Guys- just wanted to get an opinion really. As a long time east midlands resident- the lack of decent carp waters has finally driven me to start the search for a gravel pit in south derbyshire to rent and stock. I dont know how viable it is- but I've started down the road. I'm not an experienced fishery owner- just a middle aged guy who's naffed off with the lack of 'serious' carp waters and stupid rules that commercial fishery owners apply.

So the question- If it comes to fruition- how many people would want to join the syndicate- and what do we call a reasonable amount of money per annum to fish? It would be a low number syndicate which I would look to stock at low levels with mid sized fish (high teens, twentys and a spinkling of thities). Assume a typical mids gravel pit of 12 acres. A bit of a pipe dream- but I'm sure one that everyone has had when the local chavs decend onto your water and cast over you/ try to bum some bait.

Clearly I'm not looking for any commitment- just some honest thoughts or experience of people trying this thing before.

Hi mate,

Ive just moved to measham, ive been looking at local waters and they all seem to be very commercial other than willesley lake at ashby dl la zouch.

im just considering looking for a syndicate water i wouldnt know where to start so i would seriously consider your idea mate

cheers

chris

However which way it goes remember your bound to have approx 30% of members who are just ticket collectors that may never fish it until you have a 'jewel' or maybe even never.

It happens a lot in my experience, ive often thought some syndicates could overscope the maximum amount of members by a couple of people for this reason alone. Worth bearing in mind.

Hi chaps I'm new to the forum and live in derby I would jump at the chance to be involved with a local syndicate from the off so to speak how is it progressing?.also does anyone have any info about Hilton gravel pit I usedto poach tench there when I was a lad and fell in love with the place I heard they had a syndicate any details would be great cheers

Progress is slow I'm afraid- all the pits that I had my eye on have been lined up for other use. I suspect it may take a year or so to find a suitable location.

I suspect the pits you are talking about are near eggington? Long waiting list- one-in-one out and a very full reserve. No night fishing either.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Just seen this thread,I took over a lease on a 2 1/2 acre carp lake 15 miles west of Shrewsbury around 6 months ago.We have 20 in the syndicate and also allow day tkts but we dont allow anymore than 5 fish per day.

If ur lookin at a lake around 12 acres,believe me it will take many hours of your time just to keep it in trim with lookin after pegs,banks,fish stocks etc.

Also Carp are not cheap,we have ordered 3 around 16lb for delivery in November and they are around £300 each!!

Good Luck

• 2 months later...

Hi there I would be more than interested in being in a syndicate. I live in stoke - on - trent and I'm sick of the crap waters in the area just want a gravel pit with a good head of teens and twentys with the odd 30+ in there. If you need any help with work partys count me in !

Also while I'm here does anyone know about SHARDLOW GRAVEL PITS, just off the A50 near the M1 ? How do o get a licence and how many fish are in there ???? HELP

• 1 month later...
updates please from the main man?

LOL - is that me?

:oops:

Unfortunately I gave up (temporarily) on this. It's fair to say I used to have more time than I do now and my fishing has had to rely on the waters that are out there already. I did the rounds, but couldn't find a suitable water- they are out there- but I just started to get busy and wanted to spend more time fishing than water hunting.

There is a 50 acre lake I drive past every so often that looks right- but its next to a busy road- and I just don't like fishing waters where you have that loud traffic drone from 05:00 till 23:00 every day.

Will keep you posted if I ever stumble on the 'right water'.

Worth noting that I have purchased 50 carp that are already growing on...just in case... :wink::D

Hi there I would be more than interested in being in a syndicate. I live in stoke - on - trent and I'm sick of the [censored] waters in the area just want a gravel pit with a good head of teens and twentys with the odd 30+ in there. If you need any help with work partys count me in !

Also while I'm here does anyone know about SHARDLOW GRAVEL PITS, just off the A50 near the M1 ? How do o get a licence and how many fish are in there ???? HELP

There's a few waters around there. Derby angling club have some, Derby Railway club have some, There's also a couple of private "no publicity syndicates" that are down there that are quite interesting. :wink:

updates please from the main man?

LOL - is that me?

:oops:

Unfortunately I gave up (temporarily) on this. It's fair to say I used to have more time than I do now and my fishing has had to rely on the waters that are out there already. I did the rounds, but couldn't find a suitable water- they are out there- but I just started to get busy and wanted to spend more time fishing than water hunting.

There is a 50 acre lake I drive past every so often that looks right- but its next to a busy road- and I just don't like fishing waters where you have that loud traffic drone from 05:00 till 23:00 every day.

Will keep you posted if I ever stumble on the 'right water'.

Worth noting that I have purchased 50 carp that are already growing on...just in case... :wink::D

yea it was for you forgot ya name haha

I am from the swadlincote area which ponds/lakes do you fish at?