shot replacements

fozzyfisherman

you can re-use putty, so should last years. unless you lend it to mate and its not in your box next time you need it :evil:

:lol: think krstonite is about a fiver, green or brown, dont think it really matters really, as beanz said be careful lending this out they tend not to come back,you must take the same people i go with beanz :lol:

i think sometimes we get caught up in manufactors products :) camo line, camo shots,my mate has lost the plot, he puts that camo tape on everything, he has to have the lot in realtree :shock: im sure these products are to catch the angler rather than the fish :lol: when will they bring out a dpm/camo boilie :lol: they could do the normal green/brown for spring/summer, :D white/blue for winter :) and desert storm pattern if your thinking of going abroad :lol::lol::lol::wink:

i think sometimes we get caught up in manufactors products :) camo line, camo shots,my mate has lost the plot, he puts that camo tape on everything, he has to have the lot in realtree :shock: im sure these products are to catch the angler rather than the fish :lol: when will they bring out a dpm/camo boilie :lol: they could do the normal green/brown for spring/summer, :D white/blue for winter :) and desert storm pattern if your thinking of going abroad :lol::lol::lol::wink:

Im sure there already is some form of that. Camo pops or something daft, think its cotswold bait creations that do them. :roll:

There is an alternative to using shots you could try using 'Fox Kwik Change Pop Up Weights' .

I haven't tried them myself but will probably buy some next year to try, I rarely use pop ups.

I use these. Always have a few different weights in the box.Work well for me.The elastic in the middle is a good idea., no line damage.

Ways to weigh down pop-ups.

Shot on the line; I don't like, I worry about the possibility of the shot crimping and cutting the hooklink.

A stop knot made from power gum and covered with putty; works well on plain braids and mono hooklinks.

Putty moulded over the end of the coated braid "rip off end"; It works, but does slide off at times, even Heavy Metal or Gardner Critical Mass.

Putty moulded over the hook eye, same as above.

Fox, Korda, Solar Pop-up weights, Depth Charges etc; Nice idea, but a rip off for the name Carp at the start.

Pole anglers Olivettes; Available with a hole through the middle, can be held in place with a small piece of Amnesia or other thick mono, or a version that has a piece of silicon tubing to hold in place at either end. Easy and one of my favoured ways of doing it, putty can also be added if required.