combi rig

1chris1

Is this any use?

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=22185

A pic of a combi rig with some other rigs that can be used for Snowman baits :wink:

Or this Snowman rig thread:

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=42194&highlight=snowman

And there are more available through the search

what is the best rig to use when use in a snowman? sorry about all the questions im just trying to learn lol.

chris

Chris, as you are 'just trying to learn' I would stay away from trying to understand how to tie all these different rigs and stick to using something quite basic.

Then, as you come across different situations, you may feel that you have to change something in the way of your presentation of bait or rig mechanics to catch or keep catching. This thought will lead you into using the best rig for that situation - not just a rig that you have seen on a forum or in a magazine.

As you gain more experience you will continually learn how to tie new or even just variations of rigs to deal with different scenarios you are faced with.

To get a more useful answer, a different question could be 'What are the reasons/situations behind using a snowman bait'

If you think that the answers you get are relative to the problem you are trying to overcome then you can look into the variables you are faced with that will decide which rig to use.

It's a case of walking before you run but you are active within one of the best sources of information when you no need it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I had to do some pics to help somebody out the other day for tying a combi-rig, so I will add them onto here:

Cut your braid and stiff section to lengths required.

I have used black Amnesia for clarity as clear does not show up particularly well on the scanner

Tie an overhand knot in the stiff section, but don't pull tight, and thread the braid through the loop.

TyingCombirig.jpg

TyingCombirig001.jpg

On the braid tie a Uni knot back down around the stiff section, wet them both and pull tight

TyingCombirig002.jpg

While you can use a standard knotless knot my current version is along the lines of a sliding/revolving version, so I add on a line aligner (shrink tubing not yet shrunk down) and add on a rig ring with hair and a small stop to stop it.

TyingCombirig003.jpg

SlidingRevolvingHairrig.jpg

Unfortunately this rig is on Korda's page now,,,

So every Tom, Dick and Harry will be using it, making everyone who uses it properly and ,have done for some time, look like tarts.

Hope that is not my Sliding ring version or I will be causing trouble :roll::!:

EDIT:

Oh dear, they have overcomplicated the issue and made it slightly more ineffective to my eyes. Adding the rig putty is actually stopping the rig working as effectively, and the "Blowback" version is using the current fashion for Blowback rigs to make it a "seller".

I don't suppose you have any idea how long that has been on their website?

Just asking, as last year I sent off pics of my version above (with schematics underneath) to CarpTalk with a Catch report.