best knot for tying swivel to coated braid?

samcfc

It depends on what make Coated Braid it is as different manufacturers recommend different knots. One thing I will say is that a Blood knot in most cases is an absolute NO NO.

For the Kryston Coated braids I use a Uni or Clinch knot.

Go through the swivel loop twice with the braid, make yourself a loop with the tag end, and then go round the braid 5 times down towards the swivel with that tag, then back up through the loop. Lubricate and pull tight. For tidiness I lighter blob the loose tag :wink:

This might also help:

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=41949

You want to strip back the coating for the knot part of it anyway as you would for the hair and hook

No, you can leave it on, it does knot tidily :wink:

Hooklink.jpg

must admit never stripped of at the swivel end

It depends on what you want to achieve with the hooklink. On the one pictured I've only taken a tiny piece off on the hair for a small hinge just under the tubing. Also think I was using it in a fairly snaggy water as well :? . Looks like one of my basic Thwaite rigs

If you strip a length of at the hook end then you'll have a supple piece near the hook, or you can "break" it to create a hinge halfway down, or if you want movement near the swivel it can be removed. That's useful in allowing a little extra movement.