zig rig how good

citkatkay

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have used the zig a few times.but only in the shallower parts of the lake and the margins. This can be a very effective rig. the venue i fish has band floater fishing during the warmer months?, so i use the zig. have caught a fair few on the zig. Infact i plan on using black foam instead of cut down boilie for bait next time out. you should defo stick with this rig and try iy in the margins or shallows on your venue.

i have used the zig a few times.but only in the shallower parts of the lake and the margins. This can be a very effective rig. the venue i fish has band floater fishing during the warmer months?, so i use the zig. have caught a fair few on the zig. Infact i plan on using black foam instead of cut down boilie for bait next time out. you should defo stick with this rig and try iy in the margins or shallows on your venue.
i have tryed foam but not cort on it yet :):):)

I hear a lot about people catching on black foam etc (on the zig).

Small dark baits work best as they can be seen better in the glowing water.

Im going out this afternoon and i was thinking of giving the zig ago.....but using a small piece of cork.

i've used zig rigs twice, and had two fish on them, and lost one

that aint a bad result at all

I would use them if i could :( no idea of how to set one up really. also how on earth do you cast out a 6ft hooklink? :?
6ft the last fish i had on zig was on 10ft hooklink i cast it of my unhooking mat i use 3oz inline lead with leadcore :):):)

Why use leadcore on a 10ft zig? :?

I hear a lot about people catching on black foam etc (on the zig).

Small dark baits work best as they can be seen better in the glowing water.

Im going out this afternoon and i was thinking of giving the zig ago.....but using a small piece of cork.

i've used zig rigs twice, and had two fish on them, and lost one

that aint a bad result at all

thats very good i tryed foam with a fake bit of corn on top had a small run on it

I would use them if i could :( no idea of how to set one up really. also how on earth do you cast out a 6ft hooklink? :?
6ft the last fish i had on zig was on 10ft hooklink i cast it of my unhooking mat i use 3oz inline lead with leadcore :):):)

dont have to be leadcore u could use toub .i use it to stop it tangling on casting that all :):):)

dont have to be leadcore u could use toub .i use it to stop it tangling on casting that all :):):)

So i take it when you are using 10 foot zig hooklengths, you are using a 11 foot leadcore leader! :roll:

And i guess when you floater fish, you use a leader as well...... to stop tangles :shock:

no just on my jig mate it helps honest :):):)

So i take it when you are using 10 foot zig hooklengths, you are using a 11 foot leadcore leader! :roll:

And i guess when you floater fish, you use a leader as well...... to stop tangles :shock:

So, are you using 11 foot of leadcore as a leader? Cos if you are using a leader which is shorter than your hooklength then you may as well drop the leader completely cos its doing nothing for you..... is it? :roll:
i dont what my line is laying there lots of swonmusels were i fish and my takes on zig go of at a good rate :):):)

So, are you using 11 foot of leadcore as a leader? Cos if you are using a leader which is shorter than your hooklength then you may as well drop the leader completely cos its doing nothing for you..... is it? :roll:
i dont what my line is laying there lots of swonmusels were i fish and my takes on zig go of at a good rate :):):)
Well your reason for using it has just changed :lol:

Well your reason for using it has just changed :lol:
i still beleve help to stop it tagling but that just my apin :):):)

I like the Zig, only really used it on runs waters (10-12 fish 20+ on a very good day) and on a easy but not an exact "runs water" (2-3 fish a day 5- 6 on a good day) so far but ive had a fair few fish on it, the adjustable and the normal fixed version :)

I prefer a fixed zig as it tangles less but isn't always suitable :wink::)

I've caught 6 fish on zigs after starting to use it the back end of last year. Including my PB 18lb 4oz. I tend to use a small sonus floating pellet. I've now moved to another water and have been trying an adjustable zig as the lake is very deep, with a little bit of black Gardner zig foam. No joy yet though but it's still early days.

Just to add to what binfield said... If you are using two rods... put both on zigs in the middle. If no bite, move one higher and one deeper in the water. Which ever gets the bite, set the other to that hight. Has worked wonders for me recently :D